Members Forum (Derbyshire) - Q1 2021
Type: Information and Policy
Date: Tuesday, 30 March 2021
Time: 3:30pm - 5:00pm
Available To: Members Only
Member Price: FREE
At a time of profound political change and ongoing economic uncertainty, the Chamber encourages its members to engage in these meetings, so that compelling and influential messages can be conveyed to a broad range of strategic stakeholders at a local, regional, and national level. In the short-term, this will take shape through the publication of a brand new Chamber Manifesto, and an upcoming business delegation to Westminster.
The purpose of these groups is to influence key local, regional, and national policymakers, with the Chamber keen that its members engage on the issues causing them most concern.
Open to all Chamber members, these meetings are held on quarterly basis in each of the three counties to direct the Chamber's lobbying and campaigning activities and to allow businesses to interface with strategic organisations on key topical issues both locally and regionally.
Issues discussed can be emerging, short-term or long-standing issues, such as public sector procurement, internet broadband connectivity, skills deficiencies, a high-speed rail connection for the East Midlands and minimising the burdensome effect on red tape on business.
This is also an opportunity for the Chamber to share the findings from the most recent Quarterly Economic Survey (QES)
Agenda (to be finalised)
- First look at Q1 Quarterly Economic Survey Findings - Chris Hobson, Director of Policy and External Affairs
Benefits of attending/who should attend:
- Hear the latest up-to-date economic intelligence on localised business confidence
- Understand the strategic vision for the East Midlands
- Gain an insight into the challenges the region's economy faces post-Brexit
- An opportunity to influence as a powerful collective, enabling the country’s second-largest Chamber to convey compelling messages from business to key decision-makers
Confirmation of booking:
Once you have provided your details below, please ensure you make a diary note - joining details will be sent at least one week prior to the meeting
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact the Policy Team via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your booking today using the form below.