MP Briefing: Ruth Edwards (Rushcliffe)
Type: Information and Policy
Date: Tuesday, 18 August 2020
Time: 10:00am - 11:00am
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This online session gives you the chance to raise issues and ask questions directly to local Members of Parliament. This is an opportunity to discuss current working conditions and highlight concerns with key decision-makers.
The meeting will be of particular interest to businesses who reside in the Rushcliffe constituency, but is open to all businesses. We are asking attendees to submit questions in advance, although there will also be an opportunity to ask questions online on the day. You can submit your questions online to email@example.com
Benefits of attending
- Making your voice heard, and to raise day-to-day operating issues that might be missed amid the current ‘noise’ over coronavirus;
- Understand how others are preparing their businesses;
- Use the gravitas of the Chamber to influence and campaign on the business issues that matter – locally, regionally, and nationally.
Ruth Edwards was elected as Member of Parliament for Rushcliffe in the 2019 general election.
Representing Rushcliffe, Ruth has already joined several parliamentary groups in line with her national and local priorities. These include:
- The cross-party group for Rural Services, to support the interests of Rushcliffe’s rural businesses and high streets, boosting productivity and connecting communities with better broadband and transport infrastructure.
- The Parliamentary Internet, Communications and Technology Forum (PICTFOR), where she works hard alongside MPs and businesses to help shape the future of the UK’s digital economy.
- A member of the Conservative Environment Network, championing sustainability and pushing for countrywide conservation and decarbonisation efforts. On a local level, Ruth is an advocate for the long-term development of greener homes and jobs.
- The cross-party group for Cyber Security.
After beginning her early career working in the office of Crispin Blunt MP, Ruth went on to lead strategy and public policy for BT's cyber security business.
She has advised governments on strengthening their cyber security policies and on collaborating with stakeholders across the private sector. Ruth has worked for techUK and Deloitte, advising government departments and FTSE 100 companies.
In addition to her professional expertise, Ruth has also undertaken various political roles, including at Policy Exchange and as an expert adviser to the Home Affairs Select Committee on cybercrime and borders and immigration. She has spoken at the UN, World Economic Forum and the OECD.
Ruth believes passionately in the power of mentoring to help others achieve their goals. She has been recognised by industry with a Europe-wide ISG Paragon ‘Women in Technology’ award for helping more young women into technology careers.
How to book
To book your place please follow the online booking procedure below - a confirmation email will then be sent to you with the link to join the online webinar using Microsoft Teams. For more information, please email: Policy@emc-dnl.co.uk
Submit your booking today using the form below.