Strategy and Influence Group (Leicestershire) - Q2 2019
Venue: Nelsons Solicitors, Provincial House, 37 New Walk, Leicester,, Leicestershire
Date: Tuesday, 25 June 2019
Time: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Available To: Members Only
Member Price: FREE
Given the UK’s imminent departure from the EU, and against a backdrop of profound political instability and economic uncertainty, this quarterly meeting - open to all Chamber-members - enables discussion around crucial topical and strategic issues affecting the business community in Leicester and Leicestershire.
This particular session focuses on influencing public sector procurement processes in a way that opens up new tendering opportunities and market access for localised SMEs.
1. Introductions / welcome
2. Feedback on Activity since last session (East Midlands Chamber)
3. Member-feedback: Q2 Quarterly Economic Survey (East Midlands Chamber)
4. Current Operating Environment (All)
5. Enhancing SME access to Public-sector Procurement Contracts (Leicester City Council & Leicestershire County Council)
6. Leicester City Flood Defence Consultation (Environmental Agency)
7. Action Points / Upcoming Activity / Dates for your diary (Chair)
8. Any Other Business (All)
Benefits of attending/who should attend:
Hear the latest up-to-date economic intelligence on localised business confidence
- Influence public bodies’ tendering processes to enhance access for localised SMEs
- Understand the strategic vision for the East Midlands
- Gain an insight into the challenges the region's economy faces post-Brexit
- An opportunity to influence as a powerful collective, enabling the country’s second-largest Chamber to convey compelling messages from business to key decision-makers
Submit your booking today using the form below.