Strategy and Influence Group (Derbyshire) - Q3 2019
Venue: McArthurGlen - East Midlands Designer Outlet, South Normanton, Derbyshire
Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2019
Time: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Available To: Members Only
Member Price: FREE
With the UK’s imminent departure from the EU, and against a backdrop of political instability and investment uncertainty, this quarterly meeting - open to all Chamber-members - enables discussion around crucial topical and strategic issues affecting the business community in Derby and Derbyshire.
Given the feedback the Chamber constantly receives from employers about skills shortages and a lack of job-readiness amongst young people, we will examine the detail behind the Government’s introduction of T-Levels.
Designed to serve the needs of industry and preparing students for the modern workplace, these have been conceived through the collaboration of business-leaders.
The Chamber will report on the very latest intelligence from its economic survey, and seek anecdotal evidence to back-up its conclusions at a critical time in which many firms are now planning for the likelihood of a No-Deal Brexit scenario.
- Introductions and welcome (10 minutes)
- Feedback on Activity since last session - Public procurement campaign update - extension of Denby Hall Business Park - business preparedness for a No-Deal Brexit scenario, Chris Hobson, Director of Policy & External Affairs, East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire) (15mins)
- Quarterly Economic Survey – summary of Q3, 2019 - Nick Chischniak, Representation Manager, East Midlands Chamber (15mins)
- Current Operating Environment – roundtable update (All; 30mins)
- The Significance of T-Levels in Tackling Skills Shortages in the Modern Workplace Debbie Keegan – Director, Derby College - (15 mins / 15mins Q&A)
- Action Points / Upcoming Activity / Dates for your diary - Chris Hobson/Nick Chischniak – East Midlands Chamber (10mins)
- Any Other Business
Benefits of attending/who should attend:
Hear the very latest up-to-date economic intelligence on localised business confidence at a critical time when many are now planning around the likelihood of a No-Deal Brexit scenario
- Understand the strategic vision for the East Midlands
- Learn how the government and employers are working together to address skills shortages in the modern workplace
- An opportunity to influence as a powerful collective, enabling the country’s second-largest Chamber to convey compelling messages from business to key decision-makers
Submit your booking today using the form below.