As part of our ongoing growth plan, we are seeking to appoint an experienced Quality Control Technician.
Reporting into the Technical Manager, the Quality Control Technician will oversee product support and be responsible for testing across our entire product range and ensure our products meet all quality standards before it goes to market. This includes testing the product, ensuring customer specifications are met and certifying the product meets industry standards.
The Quality Control technician will identify problems and potential solutions; analyse data to determine causes and effects; implement corrective actions; monitor progress; and communicate findings to stakeholders.
Communication with other sectors of the business in particular production and sales is essential.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Incoming and outgoing material checks to ensure consistency and integrity- testing of raw materials and finished products to ensure these meet quality standards
- Updating of technical documents as processes change i.e. technical data sheets, safety data sheets- using your knowledge and understanding of qualification testing required to bring products to market
- Provide technical support for our entire product range to our customers through the sales team
- Support the technical and production departments with process improvements driven by data collection
- Assist with quality control data capture for incoming raw materials and outgoing finished products;
- Ensuring quality related checks are carried out as appropriate, Questioning the nature of defects while providing future solutions
- Delivering high quality written reports as required
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Base Group Ltd products lines
- Complying with all standards, internal policies and legal regulations that apply to the finished product
- Create and interpret safety data sheets and assist with the creation of dangerous good notes (DGNs)
The successful candidate will have…
- Solid understanding of product qualification testing required to bring products to market
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in chemical manufacturing and lab testing
- A passion for the field
- An analytical and methodological approach
- Positive and professional attitude
- A positive and professional can do attitude
- A hands-on approach with a flexible attitude
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Competent use of Microsoft Office software
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative
Advantageous (but not essential)
- 1st Degree or HND qualified in a field of science or technical subject
In return, we offer a basic salary of £24,000 per annum (negotiable depending on experience), 33 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme, plus other insurances and benefits.
If you feel this role looks right for you and you want to join our team, please apply with your CV and a cover letter stating why you feel you are suitable for the role. Please also detail your salary requirements in your application.
Click here to apply