Friday, 16 August 2013
Let's Do Business Project Launches
Called Let’s Do Business, the initiative will provide support to those considering self-employment, as well as existing small and medium businesses, to create new employment opportunities.
It will be accessible to:
University of Derby graduates, unemployed people aged 19 and older, people who have been displaced from private and public sector jobs and individuals within Derby’s disadvantaged communities.
The project will is being run until 31 March 2015 and will aim to make Derby a great place to start and grow a business by offering a range of support activities that link into local and national support schemes.
Access to Higher Education expertise will help to unlock new business opportunities and create high value employment for Derby, retaining the emerging graduate talent within the City.
The total cost of the project will be £384,859, of which £241,384 will be funded through the East Midlands 2007-13 ERDF Competitiveness Programme and £143,475 by the University of Derby.
The project will provide a range of different support services:
- An "Enterprise Stars" programme of workshops delivered to two groups of individuals with a ready to roll business idea and high growth potential
- Launch Pod - a free hot desk area with equipment
- Co-working Events taking place at the Enterprise Centre on the third Friday of every month from 10am-5pm
- Seminars on topical business development issues
- Entrepreneurs in Residence - a pool of experienced business professionals from a variety of sectors to provide business mentoring services
- Enterprise Support Groups - a short programme of intensive support/consultancy provided to small groups of businesses/representatives
- Master Classes - demand driven, providing support to a more focused group of individuals
- Open for Business Event - exhibition and trade fair to take place in the final stages of the project to showcase the beneficiary companies to a wider business audience
- Use of a financial planning tool to support businesses to manage their finances
A launch event takes place on 20 September, between 8am and 10am, at the University's Enterprise Centre in Bridge Street, Derby. If you would like to get in touch to register an interest to attend the event or join the project, email email@example.com or call 01332 597829.
Evolve is now taking invitations from professionals to help deliver the support programme. If you would like to get involved in the project either as a workshop provider or as one of the Entrepreneurs in Residence, please respond to this tender by 29 August 2013.Back