Friday, 13 April 2018
Vacancy for LLEP Chair
Can you drive economic growth by showcasing success, highlighting opportunity and inspired thinking?
If so, the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) is seeking a business leader who shares a vision and ambition to drive economic growth in Leicester and Leicestershire to become the new Chair of the Board.
You will be a recognised business leader, with a high profile in the area, and will bring strong regional and national networks. Meeting regularly with senior politicians and the Prime Minister twice annually, this is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact locally and nationally.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Chair the LLEP Board of 15 leaders representing business, local authorities, higher and further education sectors and the voluntary sectors.
- Speak to Government about the opportunities presented by the Leicester and Leicestershire economy and ensure that the LLEP collective voice is heard in Westminster and the Midlands Engine.
- Be an ambassador for Leicester and Leicestershire businesses.
- Support the Board to make key investment decisions and oversee the LLEP%u2019s spending which is in excess of £250m.
- Lead the board in preparing our local industrial strategy which will set out the long-term economic vision and priorities for Leicester and Leicestershire.
This is not a paid position and the commitment can be up to three days per month. Reasonable expenses are covered. The Board term lasts for a period of three years.
How to apply
For further information about the role and to apply please visit the LLEP website.
For more information, please contact: amnle.r.kdi@lpogu.Back