Thursday, 22 October 2020
East Midlands Railway revises regional service timetable due to Covid-related staff absences
East Midlands Railway (EMR) will introduce an amended timetable on its regional services from Monday (26 October) following a steep rise in Covid-related employee absences.
The new timetable has been designed to safely reduce the number of staff required to deliver its services by about 10% - while also protecting the most popular services across the network. This includes those relied upon by students and commuters.
EMR said it has taken a proactive approach to ensure it can continue to reliably and safely provide the advertised timetable.
As a result, there will be changes to 37 regional services across the network. It will continue to operate more than 90% of its pre-Covid timetable.
Amended timetables are now available online and customers should check their journey before setting off.
Will Rogers, managing director of East Midlands Railway, said: “In recent weeks and in line with the rest of the country, we have seen a significant increase in the number of our staff who have been affected by Covid.
“With this in mind, we have taken the proactive step to make changes to our timetable to protect our most popular services, including those that are relied upon by key workers or those who use our services to travel to work, school or college.
"This will help to protect against unplanned and short notice cancellations, which we know are extremely frustrating for customers.
“These changes will remain under review, but in the meantime, passengers are urged to check their journey before they set off and also use our seat finder tool, which can be found our website.”
East Midlands Railway services affected by Covid-19 absences
The full list of services affected are listed below.
- 0742 Liverpool – Norwich (this service will instead operate Nottingham to Norwich only, departing Nottingham 1034)
- 1451 Liverpool – Norwich (this service will instead operate Nottingham to Norwich only, departing Nottingham 1734)
- 1251 Liverpool - Norwich
- 1951 Liverpool – Nottingham
- 0652 Norwich - Liverpool
- 1856 Norwich - Nottingham
- 1357 Norwich – Liverpool
- 0756 Nottingham - Newark Castle
- 0836 Nottingham – Newark Castle (Terminates Nottingham)
- 0841 Newark Castle – Matlock
- 1037 Matlock - Newark Castle
- 1047 Newark Castle - Matlock
- 1237 Matlock - Newark Castle
- 1247 Newark Castle - Matlock
- 1437 Matlock - Newark Castle
- 1439 Newark Castle – Matlock (Starts Nottingham)
- 1640 Newark Castle – Matlock (Starts Nottingham)
- 2219 Nottingham – Derby
- 0911 Lincoln - Peterborough
- 1040 Peterborough - Lincoln
- 1210 Lincoln - Peterborough
- 1341 Peterborough - Lincoln
- 1512 Lincoln - Sleaford
- 0538 Nottingham – Leicester
- 0626 Leicester – Nottingham
- 0646 Lincoln – Nottingham
- 1130 Leicester – Lincoln (Terminates Nottingham)
- 1140 Lincoln - Leicester
- 1330 Leicester - Lincoln
- 1337 Lincoln – Leicester
- 1530 Leicester – Sleaford (Starts Nottingham)
- 2201 Nottingham - Leicester
- 1345 Nottingham - Skegness
- 1611 Skegness – Nottingham
- 1206 Newark North Gate – Grimsby (Terminates Lincoln)
- 1352 Grimsby - Newark North Gate
- 1528 Newark North Gate – Peterborough (Starts Lincoln)Back