Compliance to Health, Safety and Wellbeing at work
Type: Business Growth
Date: Tuesday, 4 May 2021
Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Available To: Eligible SME's
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
The recent media attention and issues identified within the supply chain has led to reputational risks for many fashion and textile businesses and also for the wider city.
Health and Safety at work is not only a legal obligation but has evolved into a practice essential for Business responsibility, safety and sustainability. The non-compliance to standards expected by the brands/retailers and their auditors will also pose financial risks and could lead to business closure.
The Business Gateway Growth Hub has developed a 3-part series of interactive webinars, in partnership with Resilient World Solutions (RWS). The webinars will be focusing on various aspects of health, safety and wellbeing at work, relevant to Fashion and Textiles Sector, in context of legal framework, best practices, social responsibility, ethics and social value.
Webinar 3: Compliance to Health, Safety and Wellbeing at Work – Tuesday 4 May 2021, 10:00 – 13:00
This series will dive deep into implementation and work base learning model that can be applied to the business functions, improving local practices for the business to remain sustainable and grow.
Please note: to get the most of these sessions you should attend all 3 dates.
Who should attend this webinar?
CEO, senior executives, managers, health and safety representatives or HR managers within a fashion and textiles organisation.
What will we cover in webinar 3?
- Understanding key elements of health and safety audits for lawful requirements
- Acknowledging health and safety as elemental part of social compliance, rights at work and
- Human resource operations
- Enabling training s assessment and programme
- Support and facilitate ongoing evaluation and monitoring
- Health and safety as a tool for due diligence
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this 3 part series, you will have:
- Understanding of Health and safety at work and in supply chains
- Insight and implementation of Legislative framework
- Understanding the relation of health and safety as an indicator for social compliance and mitigate risks to social and rights at work abuse.
- Understanding Hazards and Hazard scoring
- Principles of Hazard management Fire, COSHH, PPE implementation, Disease prevention
- Identifying operational controls and managing risks
- Understand Hazard prevention procedures and protocols
- Underpin Role of Health and safety in Social Audits ( covering Health and safety section for Sedex, Brand COC, SA8000 and other social schemes)
- Implement a plan for Health and Safety using risk-based approach in the Work Place
- Establish a protocol and tool for Accident Prevention, Investigation and Reporting
- Have a strategic direction to Communication and Environment
These are interactive, action planning online workshops. You will leave these sessions with handouts and a practical action plan which can be implemented within your business. Where possible, we would like to encourage you to join this session with your video camera turned on and when instructed by the facilitator, you may un-mute your microphone to take full advantage of the interactive nature of the workshop.
Who’ll be presenting these webinars?
The webinars will be presented by Hena Jamshed on behalf of RWS. Hena has over 19 years’ experience in the Public and Private sector in UK and abroad. She has worked across public and private sectors, specialising in Social Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, Ethics, Health and safety, Social Risk Management, Modern Slavery, Supply chain Integrity and Regulatory compliance. She has delivered Speaker sessions on National and International Conferences, Trained over 300 professionals for local programme delivery and capacity building. She is also a Global Trainer for Sedex and delivers training for Social Compliance schemes including SA8000 from SAI International forum. Her work is recognised on many forums as a trainer and strategic thinker.
These presentations are delivered in partnership with Business Gateway Growth Hub and Resilient World Solutions and are part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Places are limited and priority will be given to trading Fashion and Textiles SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.