Logistics and Distribution Channels
Type: Business Growth
Date: Wednesday, 24 November 2021
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Available To: Eligible SME's
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This workshop will provide food and drink producers with the opportunity to have a better understanding of the planning that support improvements within the area of logistics and distribution.
A common failure in several supply chains is directly correlated to a “Factory Gate” mentality. This workshop is designed to show how important post factory gate logistics and supply chain solutions are both in terms of product availability and that all-important consumer data.
Who should attend this session?
Any food or drink producer who wishes to understand the key elements of logistics and distribution.
- What will we cover?
- Understanding logistics within your organisation
- Understanding of routes to market
- Development of management and continuous improvement techniques
- Control and governance delivery
- How to identify issues with the flow of goods
- Customer relations and expectations
- How to source and build up relationships with logistics companies to support your business requirements
- Understanding the breakdown in the flow of goods for your organisation
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
You will leave this webinar with a range of tools to help you:
- How to have a better handle on what is happening with logistics in your organisation
- Ensuring the flow of goods and meeting customer delivery standards
- The art of delivery through control and governance
This is an interactive, action planning online workshop. You will leave this session with handouts and a practical action plan which can be implemented within your business. Where possible, we would like to encourage you to join this session with your video camera turned on and when instructed by the facilitator, you may un-mute your microphone to take full advantage of the interactive nature of the workshop.
Who’ll be presenting this webinar?
Andy Neilson is an award-winning procurement and supply chain executive with over 30 years’ experience in transformational change within procurement and supply chain for globally reaching organisations. Andrew has been able to deliver significant and sustainable value from all of his previous roles whether that is within a greenfield/start-up mode or developing an existing function across indirect and direct categories.
This presentation is delivered in partnership with Business Gateway Growth Hub and Food and Drink Forum and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Places are limited and priority will be given to trading SMEs based in Leicester and Leicestershire.