How to submit a successful grant application
Type: Business Growth
Date: Thursday, 19 November 2020
Time: 10:00am - 11:30am
Available To: Eligible SME's
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
Writing a grant application can be a lengthy process. It’s time-consuming, demands a lot of effort and creativity and, for someone who may not have the relevant experience, it can be daunting and any shortcomings in the production of the application can lead to what would have been a viable project being declined, not getting the funding it deserved.
This highly informative webinar will help:
- Provide a systematic and structured approach to identify and apply for relevant grant funding needed for your business
- Make your grant application stand out from the rest
- Increase the chances of a successful funding application
What you will learn/takeaway:
- Appreciating the timescales involved, understanding the bureaucracy and formal process in a plain-speaking way
- What can and can’t be funded!
- Plan, plan and plan some more.
- Provide clear and practical support, time-saving tips and advice on what makes a good application great
- How to make your application stand out, detailing specific aims and well-defined criteria for success•Explaining what key financial data is required, why and help on how to produce it
- A great application can become part of a real, living business plan.
By the end of the session, you will have a great action plan and tools to support you through the application process
About the speaker:
The workshop is being delivered by the Business Gateway Growth Hub and Maria Peggs from Vispera Limited.
Maria is an accomplished Business Owner, Consultant, Trainer, Coach, Mentor, specialist Grant Adviser, having secured in excess of £1.9m in grants since 2017. In addition, she has worked as a Growth Accelerator Coach, Digital Business Advisor, ScaleUp Advisor and most recently as an EU Exit Advisor.
Maria has felt the pain and frustration of compiling grants from both sides, as a business owner striving to access funding to support growth but also supporting businesses as an adviser to wade through the processes, picking up many tips, tools and endless advice along the way. But most of all, Maria will deliver the session in a fun, practical and relaxed way, so grab a coffee, paper and pen and let’s win some funding!
Who should attend:
Aimed at any Leicester and Leicestershire based business who is looking to access grant funding to grow or sustain their business and would value support from an experienced consultant who specialises in this subject area.