Get Found by More Customers on Google
Type: Local Area Events
Venue: Online, Chesterfield
Date: Wednesday, 16 February 2022
Time: 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Trainer: Ian Lockwood
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
Please Note - this webinar is for Chesterfield based retail/high street businesses
Are you keen to learn more about SEO for high street businesses? Would you like to improve your chances of being found in a search engine by customers nearby? If you would, join us for this webinar where we’ll help you get started.
All search engines have features integrated to improve the experience of users who are searching for a business nearby, or in a particular location. The most well-known of these is Google My Business, a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. Ranking well in these local search results requires a combination of standard SEO and tactics that are specific to this type of localisation.
This webinar will cover aspects of local SEO, from Google My Business listing optimisation, getting local citations and encouraging customer reviews to essential website features for local optimisation.
Who should attend this online webinar?
This webinar is suitable to anyone who is responsible for search engine optimisation within their business, or who simply want to improve their local business ranking in Google.
This webinar is for anyone who owns or works in a retail business in the Chesterfield Borough Council area. When booking you will be asked to provide your address and nature of business.
What will we cover?
- Setting up and claiming Google My Business and Bing Places accounts for your business.
- Learning how Google My Business and Bing Places work, why your business name, address and telephone number appearing in directories is so important and how to deal with negative reviews.
- Optimising your business listing - from adding photos and service menus to regular posts.
- Understanding why ‘local citations’ are so important to boost your ranking and how to get them.
- Making it easy for customers to leave reviews on Google and other review sites.
- Actioning optimisation on your own website, to improve local search rankings.
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this webinar, you will:
- Set-up and optimise Google My Business and Bing Places accounts.
- Use the features provided to maximise visibility of your business in search results.
- Improve rankings for your business, by learning how to obtain ‘local citations’ and optimise your website to rank well in local results.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the session:
18.00 - 18.45 - Webinar presentation
18.45 - 19.00 - Q&A
Who’ll be presenting this webinar?
Ian Lockwood is an Online Marketing and Web Design Specialist, who has worked with the Chamber since 2007. He specialises in SEO, PPC, Google Analytics and conversion rate optimisation. During his 20-year career Ian has helped B2B and B2C businesses across all sectors to get the most from their online presence.
Here’s how simple it is to book your place:
This webinar will be delivered via GoTo - to register for a place complete the booking form
Any questions please speak to your dedicated Events and Engagement Officer Hannah Kerridge – 07741163242