Getting the most out of your ecommerce platform
Type: Local Area Events
Venue: Online, Chesterfield
Date: Monday, 24 January 2022
Time: 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Speaker: Rob Gregory
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
Please Note - this webinar is for Chesterfield based retail/high Street businesses
The draw of ecommerce is undeniable. Just imagine sitting on the beach watching your sales come in knowing the team back at the shop are taking care of fulfilment. Ok so that’s probably not how its going to work in reality but the benefits of selling online are many. As a high street retailer you are well positioned to sell online as part of a hybrid retail model that taps into your established customer base as well as attracting new visitors.
Ecommerce isn’t easy but with good planning and execution it can drive extra sales as well as allowing you to be open for business 24/7. Choosing the right platforms and integrations are fundamental to ecommerce success. In this workshop we’ll look at the options, explore costs and discuss how to get started.
Who should attend this webinar?
Anyone who works in the high street retail sector who already has an ecommerce store or is looking to start selling online. No prior technical or ecommerce knowledge is required as we’ll start with the basics.
This webinar is for anyone who owns or works in a retail business in the Chesterfield Borough Council area. When booking you will be asked to provide your address and nature of business.
What will we cover
- Anatomy of an ecommerce website - what are the component parts of an ecommerce website, how do they interact and how can we make good decisions about how to build an ecommerce website that delivers on our goals.
- A hybrid high-street / ecommerce business model – how can ecommerce be added to your existing retail operations and what does that mean for things like stock, payments, delivery and click and collect options?
- Planning the ecommerce side of your business - Products, personas and customer service
- Functionality and features - Amazon has a huge amount of features but that’s probably not right for your business. Lets look at the options and select the features your personas need and that will increase conversions on your site.
- Platform / tech choices - Self-build, agency or platform/marketplace…what are the options, costs and timescales involved with each approach and ultimately which is the right choice for your business. We’ll look at Shopify and WooCommerce in a little more detail. Also what are the technical things we need to consider i.e. domain names, hosting and fulfilment partners.
- Stock management and POS integration – in an idea world your online and retails shops would be synchronised, what are the options here?
- Taking payments - how can your site integrate with your current payment methods and what other options are there?
- Costs and examples – how much does ecommerce cost and a few examples.
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
Attendees will leave the workshop with a clear understanding of how to plan and approach building a profitable ecommerce division onto their existing high street retail business. Armed with clear actions attendees will be ready to start selling online in ways that meet their business goals and service their current and new customers’ needs.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the session:
18:00 - 18.45 - Webinar presentation
18.45 - 19.00 - Q&A
Who’ll be presenting this webinar?
Rob Gregory is a Founding Director of Magnifica, a tech agency based in Chesterfield. Rob has been helping businesses to implement effective software solutions for over 20 years. He has significant experience across a broad range of digital applications, from Custom Software to Website Development and Rob’s message is that technology must be used to simplify business processes and provide a true return on investment. Rob also provides one to one support on website development to help businesses be the best they can online.
Here’s how simple it is to book your place:
This session will be delivered via GoTo - to register for a place all you need to do is complete the booking form
It’s quick and easy and if you have any questions, just contact your dedicated Events & Engagement Officer, Hannah Kerridge on 07741 163 242.