Acrylamide Legislation Update and Understanding Food Labelling
Type: Business Growth
Venue: Leicester Food Park, Unit 28 The Management Hub, High View Close, Leicester, LE4 9LJ, Leicestershire
Date: Tuesday, 9 April 2019
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This free workshop is aimed at food and drink manufacturers in Leicester/Leicestershire.
Understand the legal requirements of food labelling and the new acrylamide legislation update and how to apply them to your business.
The Food & Drink Forum is offering a workshop for food and drink manufacturers looking to understand the legal requirements around food labelling and how the new Acrylamide legislation will impact their business. New regulations around food labelling were issued in 2014, and it is now compulsory for all food and drink businesses to abide by these regulations (even if giving food to consumers for free).
New Acrylamide legislation came into effect in April 2018 and affects all food business operators what produce or place on the market the foods listed below:
- French Fires, other cuts (deep fired) products and sliced potato crisps from fresh potatoes
- Potato crisps, snack, crackers and other potato products from potato dough
- Breakfast cereals
- Fine bakery wares: cookies, biscuits, rucks, cereal bars, scones, cornets, wafers, crumpets and gingerbread, as well as crackers, crisp bread and bread substitutes
- Baby food and processed cereal-based foods intended for infants and young children.
Hear from The Food & Drink Forum’s team of food technical experts who have been assisting businesses with the implementation of the regulations since their fruition.
To provide an overview of the Food Information to Consumer Regulations (FIC) and Food Information Regulations (FIR) and their effect on food labelling and how to use simple practical steps to manage acrylamide within their food safety management systems.
Delegates will be able to:
- Understand the key areas of the Food Information to Consumer Regulations (FIC)
- Understand the key areas of the Food Information Regulations (FIR)
- Understand the key information required to ensure their products are displaying legal labels
- Understand the new Acrylamide legislation and who it impacts.
- How to manage Acrylamide within their Food Safety Management System (HACCP)
Who Should Attend?
Individuals within a food business who are responsible for the development/creation of product labels and content or are responsible for Food Safety Management Systems.
Those individuals who have limited / no knowledge of FIC and FIR food labelling regulations or new Acrylamide legislation.
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided
For further information please contact Rhiannon.email@example.com or call 0116 3669729
This event is delivered as part of the Collaborate Growing Business Together project and is specifically aimed at Food and Drink Manufacturing Businesses based in Leicester and Leicestershire, with fewer than 250 employees.