How to secure Public Sector Contracts - Leicestershire
Type: Business Growth
Venue: City Hall, 115 Charles Street, Leicester, LE1 1FZ, Leicestershire
Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2019
Time: 8:00am - 11:00am
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This free event focuses on public procurement processes and seeks to boost the confidence of smaller organisations to tender for locally-available work across Leicestershire.
(With a limited amount of spaces available, kindly note that this is aimed at local firms only).
It aims to clarify the processes involved, showcase where the opportunities are to be found - including the support available - as well as to share some examples of best-practice.
In conjunction with Leicestershire County Council, Leicester City Council, the NHS, the National Housing Federation, Silverlock Tendering, the Business Gateway growth hub and the Universities of Leicester and Loughborough, East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire) has organised this seminar - aimed primarily at SMEs and social enterprises.
Public sector organisations have proactively taken steps to simplify the process involved so that local firms no longer feel inhibited from pitching for available contracts, many of which are broken down into smaller components that represent lucrative and accessible opportunities.
In a bid to keep their expenditure local, the public sector is eager to clarify some common misconceptions about what the process entails and to welcome more tenders to help raise quality standards and promote best-value.
This seminar offers an informal opportunity to raise any questions (or concerns) about existing processes and provides suppliers with an opportunity to ask questions for public buyers to address.
There will also be information about registering with the county's Source Leicestershire portal, and the support that the Chamber is able to provide.
- Overview: tendering with the local authorities –Leicestershire County Council and Leicester City Council
- Tendering with NHS Leicester
- Tendering with the Universities of Leicester and Loughborough
- Tendering with Housing Associations
- Emerging Issues (Q&A session with the Panellists)
- Support available from the Chamber
- Best-practice tips and hints (Silverlock Tendering)
- Networking / Meet the Buyer
Benefits of attending/who should attend:
- Identification of available opportunities
- Boost your confidence in being able to pitch for contracts
- Improve your understanding of processes
- Ideal for SMEs and social enterprises
- We anticipate demand to be high for this event so please book early.
NB: owing to capacity restrictions, preference will be given to organisations based within Leicestershire - a maximum of TWO bookings per organisation.
With thanks to: