Beyond Questioning – Practical Coaching Techniques
Type: Business Growth
Date: Wednesday, 12 August 2020
Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Available To: Eligible SME's
Speaker: Challenge Consulting
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This webinar is hosted by the D2N2 Growth Hub, East Midlands Chamber and part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
If you are an experienced coach or mentor, or just interested in exploring different coaching approaches and techniques then this webinar is for you.
It will serve as an introduction and signpost to alternative approaches to coaching beyond the accepted questioning and listening. It will explore how to use the coachee’s senses to challenge existing thought processes and to create a different dimension to coaching by using props, movement and visualisation techniques.
This webinar will cover:
- Recognising when an alternative approach may be useful
- Options and considerations relating to method and mode of coaching
- Managing expectations with coachees and framing the purpose
- Classic props to have in your coaching kit bag.
- Tools and Techniques
- Big Rocks
- Visualisation techniques
Who should attend
Those who are interested in learning more about practical tools and techniques to take coaching beyond the use of powerful questions. This webinar is aimed at SME businesses. Please note that preference will be given to businesses based in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire for this webinar.
10.00am – 10.45am - Webinar presentation
10.45am – 11.00am - Break
11.00am – 11.45am - Webinar presentation
11.45am – 12.00 - Q&A
A highly regarded and experienced trainer and coach with a engaging and interactive style of delivery. Over the past 20 years Debbie has worked extensively with a broad range of organisations to help improve performance through developing a passion for good practice in leadership development, training and coaching. Debbie’s background is as a learning and development specialist at Argos and Poundstretcher. She is a member of CIPD and an ILM approved Trainer and Coach at Challenge Consulting, an Award winning provider of Leadership & Management Development Programmes.
Book Your Place
This webinar will be delivered via Go To webinars. To register for a place complete the booking form. Any questions please speak to your dedicated Events and Engagement Officer - Hannah Kerridge - 07741 163 242
This webinar is part one of a four part series. If you are a line manager you may wish to attend sessions one: Introduction to Coaching, two: Coaching Skills for Managers and four: Beyond Questioning - Practical Coaching Techniques.
Whereas those interested in coaching others outside of a line management role may wish to attend sessions one: Introduction to Coaching, three: Practical Coaching Skills and four: Beyond Questioning - Practical Coaching Techniques.
- Session one: Introduction to Coaching is suitable for anyone interested in finding out more about coaching.
- Session two: Coaching Skills for Managers is for line managers who will be using coaching within their role.
- Session three: Practical Coaching Skills is for those who may wish to learn more about coaching in a commercial context.
- Session four: Beyond Questioning - Practical Coaching Techniques is suitable for those who are more experienced at coaching or as a natural final session to complement other webinars in the series.