How to Boost Productivity, Performance and Profit Through Strategic Wellbeing
Type: Business Growth
Venue: Everyday Champions Centre, Newark, NG24 2AG, Nottinghamshire
Date: Thursday, 27 February 2020
Time: 9:00am - 12:30pm
Available To: Eligible SME's
Speaker: Kate Thorpe
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This seminar is hosted by the D2N2 Growth Hub and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Did you know that:
- 57%* of all sickness absence is related to stress, anxiety or depression
- 26* working days is the average length of this sickness absence
- Over half a million* workers suffering from work-related stress
- 15.4* million business days were lost due to stress in 2017-2018, equivalent to 42,191 years
The scale of Workplace Stress and Mental ill-Health is frequently and often, workplace and societal culture prevents employees being open about it. Therefore… the employer remains ignorant of the true scale and consequences of the problem, and is rendered powerless to take effective action to change it…
This seminar will demonstrate the danger to your business of failing to plan and properly execute a robust and effective Wellbeing Strategy, and to provide guidance on how to minimise these risks. It will focus on five main areas:
- Evidence based rationale for creating a Wellbeing Strategy, (or re-considering your existing one)
- How and Why Stress devastates your people, annihilates teams, crushes productivity, and damages your business, yet stays below the radar of management awareness
- Assessing the costs to your business – the tangible and hidden costs of Stress / Mental ill-Health
- How a Wellbeing Strategy will reduce these costs and support positive, healthy and sustainable business growth
- How to create an effective Wellbeing Strategy that works – the nuts and bolts, and things to consider
You will leave the seminar knowing how a Wellbeing Strategy will help you and your business do the following:
- generate increased productivity
- promote effective teamwork and communication
- attract the best new talent to your Business (and keep your best people for longer)
- elevate your reputation in the marketplace
- increase your bottom-line profit
- boost the health, prosperity, and longevity of your Business
You’ll also know whether your existing Wellbeing arrangements are adequate and effective. If they are not, you’ll take inspiration on what action to take that will improve the profitability, success, and wellbeing of your business.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is open to small and medium-sized businesses based in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
9am - 9.30am: Arrival, tea, coffee, breakfast and networking
9.30am: Introduction to D2N2 Growth Hub
9.40am: Workshop presentation, Kate Thorpe
10.45am: Tea and Coffee break
11am: Workshop presentation, Kate Thorpe
12 noon: Finish
About the speaker - Kate Thorpe
As an international Therapist and Stress Management Coach, Kate’s passion is helping people and businesses live longer, happier, and healthier lives, by Beating Stress for Life.
A former solicitor, Kate has extensive corporate and management experience which she brings to her therapeutic and coaching work with Professionals, Organisations, Managers, and Individuals. She has worked with clients throughout the UK, USA, the Middle East and Asia. In addition, Kate is a sought-after Speaker, Trainer, and Columnist.
Whether working therapeutically with individuals, coaching in groups, or consulting with organisations, Kate combines her warm and friendly personality with professionalism, expertise, and resourcefulness, creating her unique approach which caters to the needs of the individual or business she works with. In short, it’s about creating the right solutions that actually work for you.
The support provided by D2N2 Growth Hub 2019-2022 is part-funded via the European Regional Development Fund, therefore we are required to evidence that you are a small to medium sized enterprise.
Prior to attending a D2N2 Growth Hub event, or contact with a D2N2 Growth Hub Adviser, you will need to submit an SME enrolment form providing details of your business. If you haven’t already done so, you can complete this now by downloading the form HERE.
Please print the form, complete all areas, sign in ink, scan and return by email to email@example.com with Growth Hub 2019-22 enrolment form in the subject line.
We must receive the completed SME Enrolment form prior to the event date in order to confirm your booking, failure to complete the form will result in your booking being cancelled.