How to Get the Best from Your Freight Forwarder
Type: Business Growth
Venue: Webinar, D2N2
Date: Monday, 13 December 2021
Time: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Available To: Eligible SME's
Speaker: Steve Townsley
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
Do you lead or manage a business that’s fairly new to overseas trading? Maybe you’re only just starting to think of importing/ exporting as part of your future supply chain strategy? Either way, to ensure a smooth operation the likelihood is you’ll need to work with a reputable freight forwarder. This session will help you take the right steps in choosing one and show you how to get the best from them.
When it comes to bringing in cargo from overseas or sending your products to customers abroad, it pays to work in conjunction with an experienced freight forwarder. Manage the relationship effectively and they will act diligently on your behalf, be your ears and eyes on the ground and work to ensure the safe and cost-efficient movement of your goods or materials.
Getting the best from your chosen freight partner comes down to so much more than just cost reduction - as with most professional interactions, the value they can add is invariably more important than the money they can save. With that in mind, it pays to choose wisely. As well as selecting a forwarder that’s reputable, it goes without saying they also need to possess credentials which align with your specific shipping requirements, the right insurances in place and a good network behind them. This valuable webinar will help select the best provider and tap into the methodology for getting the best from them.
Who should attend this session?
This webinar is aimed at business owners, leaders and logistics managers, whose roles include sourcing and managing freight agent relationships and would benefit from exploring the methods and best practices required to maximise freight forwarding industry partnerships.
Please note that this webinar is open to trading SMEs based in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. Businesses located outside of this area will be unable to attend and instead directed to alternative support.
What will we cover?
- Looking at the freight forwarding industry - who is involved?
- Understanding the benefits of using BIFA members to move your goods.
- Exploring Incoterms® and the problems surrounding routed cargo.
- Devising your selection criteria and understanding what standards to look for when employing forwarders.
- Improving communications and administration.
- Using and monitoring your forwarders - building long-term relationships and avoiding problems - making bookings and obtaining quotations.
- Making a clear commitment to performance standards with a detailed SLA.
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this webinar you’ll have:
- An understanding of how to choose the right freight forwarding partner by evaluating the benefits they are likely to bring.
- The ability to work with a freight forwarder effectively to deliver a process that’s simple, seamless and efficient.
- An action plan you can begin to implement straight away.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the session:
- 2.00pm - 2.45pm - Webinar presentation
- 2.45pm - 3.00pm - Break
- 3.00pm - 3.45pm - Webinar presentation
- 3.45pm - 4.00pm - Q&A
Who’ll be presenting this webinar?
This illuminating session is led by Steve Townsley, who has been working in International Trade over 47 years. Having run a training business for over two decades, he continuously designs, develops, and delivers International Trade programmes, from beginners’ courses through to degree level.
Over the years, Steve has worked with a variety of organisations, from Blue Chip Businesses to Government Departments, Universities and Chambers of Commerce, providing both general and bespoke support.
Here’s how simple it is to book your place:
This session will be delivered via GoTo - to register for a place all you need to do is complete the booking form
It’s quick and easy and if you have any questions, just contact your dedicated Events & Engagement Officer, Hannah Kerridge - 07741 163242