Creative Thinking & Problem Solving: Techniques to Make Effective Decisions
Type: Business Growth
Date: Wednesday, 21 October 2020
Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Available To: Eligible SME's
Speaker: Challenge Consulting
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This webinar is hosted by the D2N2 Growth Hub and East Midlands Chamber of Commerce.
Life and work are full of choices, and ensuring you make the right ones can be daunting. This webinar provides an overview of ways in which to make more effective decisions. It includes sections of defining problems versus decisions, tools to identify root causes, generate ideas and options, and also how to analyse options objectively in order to select the best solution.
If you find yourself putting off decisions or living with imperfect solutions, this webinar is for you.
This webinar will cover:
- Problem or decision – understanding the difference
- Hard and soft decisions – understanding the dilemmas of heart, gut and brain
- Logic, heuristics and how we make decisions
- Identifying faulty reasoning
- Recognising & analysing problems – evidence, data and statistics
- The importance of recognising primary and secondary data
- Emotions, bias and prejudice and how to remain objective.
- How to gather & interpret information about a problem
- Learning from prior experiences (or do we?)
- Generating ideas to solve a problems- creative thinking techniques
- Gallery, thought showers, object association etc
- Evaluating options – establishing criteria and scoring mechanisms to ensure the best fit
- Identifying adverse consequences and points of no return.
- Engaging and selling your ideas to others.
Who should attend
Those who want to explore creative thinking and problem solving techniques in order to support their business. Recognising the difference between problems and decisions. This webinar is aimed at SMEs.
Please note that preference will be given to businesses based in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire for this webinar.
10.00am – 10.45am - Webinar presentation
10.45am – 11.00am - Break
11.00am – 11.45am - Webinar presentation
11.45am – 12.00 - Q&A
Stuart is a highly experienced and engaging consultant with a career as a senior leader spanning more than 30 years and started life as an apprentice engineer. Stuart is qualified to Masters Level in Leadership & Management and has worked extensively at the most senior levels in both Manufacturing and Education Sectors. For the past 5 years he has been supporting organisation to drive up performance improvement through his work as an approved ILM Trainer and Coach at Challenge Consulting, an award winning provider of Leadership & Management Development Programmes.
Book Your Place
This webinar will be delivered via Go To webinars. To register for a place complete the booking form.
Any questions please speak to your dedicated Events and Engagement Officer - Bryony Delahaye - 07741 904395
Please Note: This webinar is part one of a four part series. Webinars can be attended as single sessions or as a full programme.
Personal Brand, Holding Up the Mirror - 1st October
Assertiveness & Confidence Building - 6th October
Motivation, Engaging Others & Finding Your Why - 27th October