International Peer Network
Type: International Events
Venue: Online, Becky Stark
Date: Wednesday, 7 September 2022
Time: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Available To: Eligible SME's
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
Peer Networks is a hugely beneficial programme guided by expert facilitators, you will be given the flexibility to create a trusted support network that works for you, helping you to build and strengthen your business and improve its overall performance.
We create diverse cohort groups of individuals to collaboratively work through common business issues. Through interactive action learning, we enable you to discuss your own challenges, gain and reflect on valuable feedback and implement practical solutions to overcome them.
Peer Networks are different to a traditional classroom development programme. Characteristics of a peer network learning environment include:
- Agenda set by the group members
- Peers talk about their challenges and overcome them through conversational peer support rather than classroom teaching
- Real-life scenarios are discussed
- Group members realise they are not alone in the challenges they face
- Learning is through conversation and interaction with fellow group members that have overcome challenges
- Every group member has a voice to raise challenges
- Members develop support channels in the peer-to-peer network that continue outside the group
- All-round development of the group members
- Full confidentiality is expected
- Businesses that seek external advice or undertake formal training are more likely to improve their overall performance, but many prefer to take advice from trusted sources, such as their peers, when presented with external challenges and opportunities.
What are the benefits of Peer Networks?
Businesses that seek external advice or undertake formal training are more likely to improve their overall performance, but many prefer to take advice from trusted sources, such as their peers, when presented with external challenges and opportunities.
Peer Networks enables you to make connections that go far beyond networking.
By completing the International Peer Network, you will:
- Overcome business challenges and recognise and act on new opportunities
- Build a trusted network of connections to support you now and in the future
- Improve your long-term personal and business performance
- Achieve higher turnover, employment levels and productivity growth – as research indicates for businesses adopting formal management practices
- Use the International Peer Network to help overcome challenges or implement change in your business
Suggested themes could include:
- Operational challenges since Brexit
- Staff understanding/competence – roles, responsibilities and record keeping
- Logistics and supply chain challenges
- HMRC compliance evaluation
- International trade cost analysis – the real cost to the business
- Development of international customer base
- Developments in Northern Ireland
- Making sense of trade agreements and rules of origin
Hear first hand from those that have already benefitted from Peer Neworks:
What commitment do you require from me?
Peer Networks is a fully funded programme so there is no cost involved for you, or your business. A time commitment will be required to attend the sessions, which will be around 18 hours across the entire duration of the programme.
Before the sessions for the peer-to-peer network begin, each member of the network is required to have a one-hour onboarding session with the facilitator. This onboarding session is an opportunity to talk about the challenges you want to overcome and gain a better understanding of the process of Peer Networks. Each member of the peer network is encouraged to prepare an action plan prior to beginning the programme.
Who should attend this network?
The International Peer Network programme is designed for business leaders and export managers who want to grow and develop their organisation for future success internationally. This dedicated network is set to bring together businesses involved in international trade based in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
The programme is available to any SME business that has:
- Operated for at least one year
- At least three employees
- A turnover of at least £100,000
- An aspiration to improve
- Import and/or exporting
What are the dates for the cohort?
|1||7 Sep 2022||2pm - 4pm|
|2||4 Oct 2022||10am - 12pm|
|3||3 Nov 2022||2pm - 4pm|
|4||6 Dec 2022||10am - 12pm|
|5||10 Jan 2023||10am - 12pm|
|7||7 Feb 2023||10am - 12pm|
|8||8 Mar 2023||2pm - 4pm|
Meet the facilitator
Becky has been an accredited member of the Institute of Export for over twenty years and runs her own business delivering international trade support and training to SME’s from a wide range of industry sectors across the UK. She develops independent and bespoke training courses ranging from strategic development to the practicalities of the import and export processes and customs procedures.
Becky is delighted to be working with East Midlands Chamber and the International Trade Peer network. The aim is to support businesses to explore and address the challenges and developments in import and export through a series of interactive, online sessions which will be very much tailored to the needs of the companies in the network.
Want to get involved?
Register your interest by completing the booking form
Any questions, please contact Rubina Blackwell at firstname.lastname@example.org