Conflict (& How To Manage Or Avoid It)
Type: Business Growth
Date: Wednesday, 17 August 2022
Time: 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Speaker: David Chabeaux
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
Leaders of Change Workshops: Conflict (& How To Manage Or Avoid It)
Location: The Bridge Skills Hub, Worksop, S80 1DT
In this session, participants will look at conflict at work, what causes conflict and explore the stages in the development of conflict. Participants will also learn ways to step back and take the emotion out of conflict, to anticipate it and to develop strategies for resolving it and developing collaborative negotiating skills.
Our aim is to provide people with time to stop, reflect, discuss and explore how they handle conflict and consider practical strategies for dealing with future situations of conflict
- A culture where people do not play ‘games’ but learn to deal with blips before they become crises
- Increased levels of empathy, understanding and trust
- Increased levels of collaborative negotiating and effective cross-team collaboration
Individual learning outcomes
As a result of participating in this process, attendees will learn to:
- Develop a common approach to understanding what we mean by ‘conflict’ and how it arises.
- Consciously consider their personal and instinctive response to perceived threat and some of the deep seated motivational values which drive how we behave.
- Explore the key skills which enable people to manage conflict positively and assertively
- Introduce a language and a mechanism for managing conflict over time as it arises.
Who should attend
The course is for any manager or staff member working for or with an SME in the following areas:
- Derbyshire Dales and the High Peak
- Bassetlaw, Mansfield, Newark and Sherwood
- Nottingham City
- Leicester City
This workshop is also designed for anyone who would answer "yes" to the following questions:
- Would you like to cultivate a personal and team culture of high trust, creativity and inspiration?
- Is delivering consistently great results important to you and your organisation?
- Would becoming a true ‘trusted advisor’ to your clients, friends and family be of value?
- Would you like to be provoked into thinking about what really matters to you and to others?
- Is increasing your influence and collaboration with others important to you?
- Would you like to minimise conflict and learn to assert yourself in a more effective way?
About the speaker
Derby born David Chabeaux is an internationally renowned innovator, performer and cultural change specialist and “a spark that ignites the fires of positive change” in people, organisations and communities worldwide. Known for the “highly creative, inspiring, provocative, often funny and slightly irreverent” way he promotes permission and possibility in people - and drawing on unique insights from living and leading creativity, performance and change every day for over twenty five years - David builds an “emotional glue” that transforms good cultures into great cultures. For nearly two decades he has worked with many of the world’s most influential leaders, brands, organisations and institutions, delivering world-class results around organisational, cultural and social change. He also worked for global change guru Stephen R Covey (author of seminal book The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People). Some of the clients David has collaborated with worldwide include Cisco Systems, Sky TV, Jaguar Land Rover, Animals Asia, EasyJet, IRC Water, Coca Cola, IBM and Arts Council England. As a professional actor, David has appeared in the main cast of a number of hit global films and TV shows including Peaky Blinders (BBC1/Netflix), Bulletproof (Sky Atlantic), Red Rose (Netflix), Hollyoaks (Channel 4) and Bollywood feature film Gold
Please use the book now tab at the top of the page.
This workshop is part of the Leaders of Change series, to book on others in this series please click here
East Midlands Accelerator is part-funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund.
The UK Community Renewal Fund is a UK Government programme for 2021/22. This aims to support people and communities most in need across the UK to pilot programmes and new approaches to prepare for the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. It invests in skills, community and place, local business, and supporting people into employment. For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-community-renewal-fund- prospectus