Transport, Logistics and Infrastructure Forum
Venue: Amazon, Beveridge, Coalville, BHX2, Leicestershire
Date: Thursday, 4 April 2019
Time: 9:00am - 11:00am
Available To: Anybody
Member Price: FREE
Non-Member Price: FREE
This event is delivered as part of the Smart Innovation Networking for Growth (SING) Programme.
Hear about technology applications and legislative trends that will influence sector businesses, and find out how you can access support for developing new products and services to help meet the environmental and cost challenge. East Midlands Chamber is delivering this event on behalf of the Smart Innovation and Networking for Growth (SING) project. This project is part-funded through ERDF and delivered by the iNet through Loughborough University*
This event also is delivered as part of the Chamber’s Transport, Logistics and Infrastructure Forum activity and will focus on major infrastructure developments in the region; those currently underway and those that are under consultation.
- 8.30am: Arrival, registration, teas and coffees
- 9.00am: Welcome from Ian Bates, Sector Forum and Representation Manager East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)
- 9.10am: Gary Norton, Coalville Fulfilment Centre Site Leader, Amazon UK Services Ltd - Welcome and overview of operations.
- 9.30am: Pauline Graham, Innovation Advisor - The iNet Loughborough University - Details of the funded support available - this includes a mixture of fully funded access to expertise and cooperation with university research centres and institutes and part-funding (grant) towards external costs of innovation projects – including detail of support provided by the UK Space Incubator (covers products or services make use of ‘space assets’ e.g.:Satellite Navigation, Communications and Imagery (‘earth observation’).
- 9.50am: Simon Statham, Director of Technical Programmes, Midlands Connect – Update of current and future activity from Midlands Connect who explore, develop and recommend transport projects which will provide the biggest possible economic and social benefits for the Midlands and the rest of the UK.
- 10.15am: Robin Lapish, Supply Chain Manager, Rolling Stock. HS2 Ltd – update on progress of phase 2b, plus supply chain engagement opportunities inc Q&A.
- 10:35am: Richard Ellam, Regional Manager (Midlands), Inspiring Governance – as with a number of sectors the Logistics and Distribution Sector struggle with attracting new talent – Richard will provide a short overview of the free, expert help, advice and resources to employers wanting to encourage and place their staff in schools as governors. Richard will discuss the way they work with business and the benefits to your organisation being involved, which includes exploring ways the service can help develop a more skilled, more loyal and more productive workforce
- 10.50am: Close - Opportunity to take a tour of the facilities
*Managed by The iNet and based at Loughborough University, SING will make it easier for SMEs to accelerate their development and implementation of new products, processes and services, as well as working with UK research institutes.
- Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering
- Creative Industries
- Food and Drink Manufacturing
- Logistics and Distribution
- Low Carbon Technologies
- Textile Manufacturing
Held in partnership with:
Kindly supported by:
Confirmation of your booking
A full confirmation with parking and directions will be emailed to delegates approx. 5 working days prior to the event. If this is a paid for event, an invoice for your delegate place(s), will be emailed to you once your booking has been processed. We ask that all invoices are paid prior to attending the event.
Submit your booking today using the form below.