Director Development Programme - Nottingham
Venue: Chamber's Office - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Date: Thursday, 23 January 2020
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: £1560.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £2220.00+VAT
“It’s been highly motivating and inspiring. I would definitely recommend the programme to others. I was optimistic that something good would come out of attending the programme but I had no idea that my level of motivation would be as great or that I would learn so much in those six days; in that respect, it has been a phenomenal experience.”
Craig Harbron - Bennett Engineering
Six day programme - commencing 23 January 2020
So what's your vision for your business, and how do you get your people to make your vision happen? This practical ‘how to' programme will help you to get the best from your business and your employees.
How will the sessions be run?
This is a six day modular programme covering the following topic headings
- Developing Vision
- Planning and Direction
- Finance for Non Financial Directors
- People Management Approaches
- Performance Management and Review
- Management Information Systems and the Marketing Mix
Each session is designed to allow you to apply the principles covered during the session; this ensures that the business development process is practical, and that the material covered will be used immediately. At the end of each session you will be given action steps to carry out to continue the process begun during the sessions.
What can you expect if you attend this programme?
If you're a Director or Senior Manager in a company, this programme is designed for you to make a real difference in the ability of your business to consistently achieve objectives.
This programme will give you the tools you need to make your business thrive and survive.
Day One - Developing Vision - 23 January 2020
- Identifying the future business objectives and culture
- Identification of the ‘big picture' objectives as a description of the business, and the way they will be perceived by all stakeholders
- Agreeing the values that the organisation will be expected to act upon and uphold
- Identification of the drivers for change - how to spot them, identify the natural consequences of the status quo or change, and use them to lead change
- Creating a powerful team to lead the change, the skills and attitudes to look for or create within the team, and how to develop the team to ensure that the delivery is possible
Day Two - Planning and Direction - 6 February 2020
- Designing the structures / processes that will enable the identified culture to flourish and the objectives to be achieved
- Determine the level of capabilities / skills required at the appropriate levels of the organisation to support and build upon the culture required
- Identify and reinforce the behaviour required at all levels of the organization
Day Three - Finance for Non - Finance Directors - 20 February 2020
- For Directors of businesses who need to have a level of finance understanding
- Importance of finance in business
- Profit and loss account, balance sheet and how they are related
- Understanding cash flows and budgets
- How to produce "Key Indicators"
- Overview of corporation tax
- Other useful financial and non-financial information
Day Four - People Management Approaches - 27 February 2020
- How to identify the current management styles structures and processes that have created the present culture
- The role of coaching in business capability & skill development, and the effect of a changing management style
- Recruiting and keeping people that will align with, and support the culture
- Keeping people motivated to maintain & build on results
- How to keep Building your team morale and performance
- Recognition of the benefits of diversity in the workplace
- Understanding values differences and how to align people with differing values to support each other in achieving the same objective
Day Five - Performance Management & Review - 5 March 2020
- Measuring the outputs and results to make the business self sustaining
- Measuring the level of capabilities / skills exhibited at the appropriate levels of the organization to support and build upon the culture required
- Giving feedback to key stakeholders on performance and improvement
- How to use trust as a measure of the level of empowerment and alignment throughout the organisation.
- Creating a plan - achieving short, medium, and long term goals through a daily plan
Day Six - Management Information Systems and the Marketing Mix - 19 March 2020
- Identification of the marketing objectives, and the required market position and identity
- The main principles of the marketing mix and how to use them to best effect to hit sales objectives
- Interaction of different elements of the marketing mix and their combined affect on the identity and culture of the business and on the creation and maintenance of a consistent market identity
- Gathering information to measure the effect of the marketing mix and how to adjust the strategy accordingly
Who is the trainer?
The course leader for this event is Charles Barnascone. Charles is a highly experienced trainer, sales coach and business development consultant who has worked with a large number of diverse companies delivering training solutions in an innovative way and providing business development support.
An invoice will be sent to you covering the full cost of six days. Alternatively you could receive six invoices, splitting the costs. If this is an option for you, please contact our team.
Anyone wishing to book just singular modules within the programme, please contact our team.
Contact details - 0333 320 0333 ext 2152 or mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your booking today using the form below.