"NEW " - Incoterms® 2020 Rules - Nottingham
Venue: Nottingham Office, Nottinghamshire
Date: Thursday, 13 February 2020
Time: 9:15am - 1:00pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Member Price: £184.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £244.00+VAT
"NEW" - Incoterms® 2020 Rules
Incoterms® 2020 will be launched by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in October 2019 and they will come into effect on 1 January 2020.
This course will help businesses to be able to adapt, prepare and train their employees who will be directly linked with using these new commercial terms.
An understanding of Incoterms®2020 will continue to be a fundamental component of international trade and this course will give delegates a detailed view of the new terms, focusing on the commercial implications of each term - risks and costs. This feeds through into how a simple misunderstanding could affect profits in the company and gives them the ability to respond to any future international enquiry with confidence.
This is the course for people who want a detailed and focused commercial view of the Incoterms® 2020 standards. Attendees will also receive a copy of ICC Incoterms® 2020 Book.
Workshop programme in detail:
- History and background - their development over the last 80 years
- The New vs the Old - what are the changes between Incoterms® 2010 and the new Incoterms® 2020 ?
- Key definitions - is "delivery point" the same as "destination"?
- What do Incoterms® 2020 cover?
- What Incoterms® 2020 don't cover?
- Cost and risk - an interactive in-depth view of the responsibilities, risks and costs for the buyer and seller
- Considerations of possible effects that Brexit could bring on current imports and exports using Incoterms® 2020
- Choosing the best Incoterms® 2020 for each mode of transport
- Potential pitfalls to avoid when using Incoterms® 2020
At the end of the course, delegates will have sufficient knowledge to be able to understand the responsibilities and additional costs of international trade with absolute confidence and so optimise the profitability of any international sales agreement.
Who should attend:
The course is designed for staff responsible for international sales negotiations, sales administation, purchasing, finance, warehousing and logistics.
This half day workshop is delivered in a board room style environment from the Chambers modern training facilities and is limited to a maximum of 15 delegates. Lunch and refreshments are provided as part of this workshop and there is no requirement for delegates to bring any stationery or IT equipment.
About the trainer:
Keith W. Jones MIEx, F.I.B.M.S. is the M.D. and owner of an export consultancy business called LM2EX (Link Me 2 Export) and has over 25yrs experience in export, providing training courses on all aspects of exporting from the first steps to formalising your relationships with channel partner contracts.
Other courses you may benefit from:
- Export Documentation
- Letters of Credit
- Understanding Commodity Coding
- Rules of Origin and International Trade Preference
- ITOPS - International Trade Operations and Procedures
Submit your booking today using the form below.