The Conference will bring together businesses from across the region to take stock of the key events that have influenced the regional economy over 2023 and explore those issues that will shape the prospects for 2024, with an eye to a forthcoming General Election.
With input from expert economists, politicians and business leaders, this session is for all those wanting to learn more about the global and local factors that are influencing operating conditions and share ideas on how future business growth can be best supported.
The Conference also provides an opportunity to enjoy some Christmas networking, sharing views and insights from the past 12 months.
– Year in review: Chris Hobson, Director of Policy & Insight, East Midlands Chamber
– View from the Markets – Katie Lewczynski, Assistant Vice President Corporate FX, Barclays Bank
– The Big Conversation 1 – ‘Economic performance and prospects’ with:
– Katie Lewczynski, Assistant Vice President Corporate FX, Barclays Bank
– Jill Thomas, Managing Director and Owner, Future Life Wealth Management
– Professor Stephen Hall, Professor of Economics, School of Business, Leicester University
– Stuart Dawkins, President, East Midlands Chamber
– Developing a manifesto for East Midlands Businesses: Richard Blackmore, Head of Special Projects, East Midlands Chamber
– Labour Response: Jeevun Sandher, Labour Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Loughborough
– Conservative Response: Cllr Peter Bedford, Conservative Prospective
– Coping Strategies for business, and how Government can help: Jonathan Geldart, Director General, Institute of Directors
– The Big Conversation 2 – ‘What businesses want from the next 12 months’ with:
– Lisa Gilligan, Managing Partner, Leicester, Freeths
– Alex Hudson, East Midlands Partner, PWC
– Mark Deakin, Director, Cost Management, Turner & Townsend and Chair of East Midlands Chamber, Derbyshire Members Forum
– Sandra Wiggins, Managing Director, Sandra Wiggins Consultancy t/a Authentically Balananced
– Craig Brothers, Director Six Degrees Associates Ltd and Chair of the Nottinghamshire Members Forum
book your place
Please complete with delegate details, we can only accept one delegate booking per form. If you wish to book multiple delegates, please email email@example.com or complete a form for each delegate.