Certification to accepted UK and international food standards are frequently required to supply larger stores, food service distributors, and public sector tenders including hospitals, schools, and universities. Without such recognition, businesses may face difficulties supplying many retailers and may be unable to secure lucrative contracts. Using accepted standards ‘opens the door’ to new markets and sales while also giving businesses confidence in their manufacturing practices.
Who Should Attend
Food and drink producers are interested in supplying customers that may require such standards, or businesses that are attempting to scale up and future-proof themselves.
What Will Be Covered
• Background to the BRCG Standards
• Current BRCG Standards
• The BRCGS broke down
• Customer ‘bolt-ons’ to the BRCGS Standards
• SALSA – acknowledged as the top food safety certification system for the UK’s small food and drink businesses
• What the STS Standard is and how it is related to SALSA
• The SALSA Beer Plus and Cheese standards
• Other standards now in use and why they are significant, such as organic and RSPO Palm Oil Suggestions for standard implementation
• Better awareness of the standard’s benefits to assist tendering opportunities:
• Confidence that the business has demonstrated full legal and quality compliance
• Instant online showcase for the business and its products visible to national buyers
Your Trainer – Richard Wigley
With a Bachelor’s in Food Science, Richard has been the Senior Technical Manager at the Forum for over 17 years. He is a certified IFST Registered Food Scientist and Auditor, BRC Internal Auditor, SALSA Auditor and Mentor and a USA/FDA approved expert. Richard is also qualified to Health and Safety NEBOSH Certificate & Level 4 in Sustainable Practices for Food Businesses.
• Opportunities to secure new contracts and grow the business
• A stepping stone to further certification, such as BRC Global Standards
• SALSA plus STS standard for public Sector
To be eligible to attend this event you must be a food and drink business based in one of the following districts: Amber Valley; Ashfield; Bassetlaw; Broxtowe; Chesterfield; Derby; Derbyshire Dales; Erewash; Gedling; High Peak; Leicester City; Mansfield; Newark & Sherwood; North East Derbyshire; Nottingham; Rushcliffe; or South Derbyshire.
book your place
Click the button below to book your place. You will be taken to an external site.Click here to book