If you want to outrank your competitors and get more free traffic from Google, this is the workshop for you! From choosing the right target keywords to getting other websites to link to yours, you will learn all about search engine optimisation (SEO) and how to use the techniques on your own site.
Successful SEO is achieved by optimising for all of Google’s ranking factors and this workshop covers the full spectrum. It explains how search engines work, the important elements of a web page for optimisation, the technical factors that affect ranking, how to write content for search engines and how to get the all-important links back to your site from others.
You will see case studies and best practice examples of each element of SEO, so you can see how other websites have achieved great organic rankings and traffic.
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is for anyone who is responsible for managing a business website or for digital marketing in their company. It is aimed at beginner to intermediate users and is suitable whether you have a start-up or established business, even if you don’t yet have a website.
• Technical issues affecting SEO including page load speed, mobile-friendliness and using Google Search Console to identify crawl issues.
• How to undertake keyword research to choose target keywords and plan content for your website, including free tools you can use.
• Optimising elements of web pages for search engines, from title tags and meta descriptions to formatting and page design.
• Copywriting for search engines – how natural language processing works, what is best practice and what to avoid.
• Bringing keyword research and copywriting together to add content to your website that will generate more organic traffic.
• The importance of demonstrating Experience, Expertise, Authority and Trust (E-E-A-T) and how to do it.
• Understanding the importance of links for SEO and how to get other websites to link to yours.
You will leave the workshop with:
• An understanding of how search engines work.
• How to check your website for technical SEO issues.
• Questions to ask web developers to ensure SEO best practice is in place.
• How to research the keywords used by potential customers.
• How to optimise your web pages for target keywords, including where and how to use them.
• How to write content in a way search engines can understand.
• An understanding of the part that links play in search engine algorithms and ways that you can get other sites to link to yours to boost your SEO.
Delegates will leave with an action plan of prioritised tasks needed to optimise their website without being overwhelmed.
book your place
Thank you for your interest in this event. This workshop is now fully booked, but check out upcoming dates and topics on our Events page.