With more time ‘on the shelf’ for the goods to be sold, increasing shelf life enhances earnings. Furthermore, the food industry is under pressure to reduce food waste. A fundamental understanding of why food and drink product safety and quality deteriorate over time and under adverse conditions will be explored, as will already-known preventative strategies such as additives, processing, adjusted environment pH, water activity, and temperature management.
An introduction to the fundamentals of food and drink preservation technologies, as well as the significance of proper processing and packaging usage in extending product shelf life.
Who Should Attend
Business owners, Technical Managers, and people involved in product development & manufacturing of food and drink products.
What Will Be Covered
• Food safety and why food and drink products deteriorate over time
• Techniques for achieving recognised and extended shelf life
• The significance of food safety management
• The significance of packaging
• Validation of the shelf life
• Fundamental knowledge of food preservation characteristics and processes
• How to Manage Shelf Life in a Manufacturing Setting
• A starting point for evaluating and enhancing your present product shelf life
• Understanding shelf life and how extended, consistent shelf life can increase earnings
Your Trainer – Richard Wigley
With a Bachelor’s in Food Science, Richard has been the Senior Technical Manager at the Forum for over 17 years. He is a certified IFST Registered Food Scientist and Auditor, BRC Internal Auditor, SALSA Auditor and Mentor and a USA/FDA approved expert. Richard is also qualified to Health and Safety NEBOSH Certificate & Level 4 in Sustainable Practices for Food Businesses.
To be eligible to attend this event you must be a food and drink business based in one of the following districts: Amber Valley; Ashfield; Bassetlaw; Broxtowe; Chesterfield; Derby; Derbyshire Dales; Erewash; Gedling; High Peak; Leicester City; Mansfield; Newark & Sherwood; North East Derbyshire; Nottingham; Rushcliffe; or South Derbyshire.
book your place
Click the button below to book your place. You will be taken to an external site.Click here to book