Do you produce an excessive amount of food waste as a food or drink producer?
Are you wondering if it’s possible to turn this trash into a profit? Putting your new product development skills to the test while also benefiting the environment!
Food waste has been increasing for several years. Food and food shortages have been on most people’s minds in recent years, especially with the rising cost of raw materials. While Food banks are a wonderful idea, they cannot absorb all surpluses; thus, this is something we can all work on, both at home and in business.
Now is the time to put your ideas into action and start addressing them.
Who Should Attend
Food and drink producers interested in turning food waste into New Product Development
What Will Be Covered
• What exactly is food waste?
• How would it impact my business?
• What can I do to save money?
• What dishes lend themselves to transforming food waste into food heaven?
• Alternatives to Food Waste
• Understanding of how to transform your food waste into profit
• Help the environment while saving money
• Discover how to harness the growth cycle to reduce food waste
• Reduce food waste by using your product costing template
• Reduce food miles and waste by concentrating your distribution network on local providers
Your trainer – Zoe Plant
New Product Development & Innovation Manager. Prior to gaining her Bachelors in Food and Nutrition, Zoe trained as a high end chef, working with celebrities including Gordon Ramsey and Angela Harnett. She has cooked for prestigious guests including Queen Elizabeth II, King Charles III and Nelson Mandela. Later she had great success developing products for national retailers including M&S and Sainsbury’s.
To be eligible to attend this event you must be a food and drink business based in one of the following districts: Amber Valley; Ashfield; Bassetlaw; Broxtowe; Chesterfield; Derby; Derbyshire Dales; Erewash; Gedling; High Peak; Leicester City; Mansfield; Newark & Sherwood; North East Derbyshire; Nottingham; Rushcliffe; or South Derbyshire.
book your place
Click the button below to book your place. You will be taken to an external site.Click here to book