With a growing membership of more than 4,100 businesses - small to large, local to international – the Chamber is renowned across the region for enhancing East Midlands businesses.
It offers a diverse range of advice, support, products and services to member businesses and individuals alike, and as a result has a lot of different roles and team structures.
There are many different aspects to the business – from marketing and communications, apprenticeships to membership and international trade. This variety of operation provides appealing opportunities to working at the Chamber.
Wherever you think you might fit into the Chamber, each role requires some common qualities and characteristics, our people are central to our success, and make us who we are, you are at the heart of the member/customer journey.
Some of the different job roles that exist at the Chamber include, but are not limited to:
Sales and Marketing
Communicating to the East Midlands who we are and what we stand for.
Finance and Procurement
Deliver an excellent and profitable service with efficiency.
HR and Training
Expertise, people skills, and a real commercial savvy required.
Informing, supporting and advising companies trading internationally.
Training existing and future talent in the East Midlands.
Supporting those out of work, providing advice and training to help people back into permanent employment.
An even wider variety of roles available.
Getting it right
To ensure we continue to grow as a great place to work we:
- Invite staff to participate in a 6 monthly staff survey and feedback the results
- Operate a staff suggestions scheme and staff forum
- Hold staff events
- Ensure communication is a priority through weekly Chief Executive Officer bulletins, face-to-face meetings and briefings, regular 1-2-1’s and appraisals, staff away days etc.
- We pride ourselves on being accessible, not only to our members but for those who work for us, with we many offices across the East Midlands with flexibility for working from different places
- The Chamber supports Charity activities and actively encourages staff to get involved
Our Corporate Goals and business plan for 2018 -18 can be found here.