East Midlands Accelerator
East Midlands Accelerator is being led by East Midlands Chamber through a collaborative partnership including our region’s universities and business support agencies. It has been awarded a total of £5.27 million funding from the UK Community Renewal Fund*, with the Chamber and its partners matching funds of £491k to the project.
The project offers support to those areas in our region that have been selected by Government for UK Community Renewal Fund support which, in the East Midlands are: Derbyshire Dales; High Peak; Mansfield; Bassetlaw; Newark & Sherwood; Nottingham City and Leicester City.
The aim of the project is to:
- aid recovery from the pandemic;
- support new entrepreneurship and growth sectors; and
- create and safeguard jobs.
East Midlands Accelerator is being delivered under five key strands:
- Net Zero Accelerator: helping you gain green business skills, invest in net zero business practices, and access financial support to start your journey towards net zero or carbon neutrality.
- Digital Transformation Accelerator: to help your business implement digital and e-commerce solutions, become online bookable, and drive market town footfall.
- Start Up to Scale Up Accelerator: to help you tap into specialist mentoring and financial support to help you launch a business or develop a product or process.
- Kickstart Accelerator: to offer training and mentoring support to improve your job retention, including a wage subsidy to convert a Kickstart or Graduate placement into a new sustained job.
- Financial Accelerator: to offer:
- Grants of up to £8,000 (80% intervention) to help your business adopt digital solutions, introduce carbon reduction solutions or provide a wage subsidy to support Kickstart or Graduate job retention.
- Growth vouchers of up to £2,000 for consultancy advice to support your business growth or to undertake specialist training.
Grants and growth vouchers will be offered on a first-come, first served basis, and must be be committed by 30 June 2022 (and fully claimed by mid September 2022).
How to benefit from the East Midlands Accelerator
There are a number of ways you can benefit:
- Take advantage of the range of one-to-one advice, mentoring and business diagnostics on offer.
- Participate in training and workshops.
- Attend conferences and events.
- Apply for funding.
- Apply for a growth voucher.
How to get involved
There are two main ways to get involved:
Attend an event
Click on the links above or book on an event below to take advantage of the support on offer
Apply for a grant or growth voucher
Businesses based in Mansfield, Bassetlaw, Newark & Sherwood and Leicester City are invited to submit an Expression of Interest to apply for grant or voucher support. All funds must be committed by 30 June 2022 (and fully claimed by mid September 2022).
(Funds in Nottingham City, Derbyshire Dales and High Peak are now fully allocated.)
Part funded by:
*The UK Community Renewal Fund is a UK Government programme for 2021/22. This aims to support people and communities most in need across the UK to pilot programmes and new approaches to prepare for the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. It invests in skills, community and place, local business, and supporting people into employment. For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-community-renewal-fund- prospectus