One of the five strands of the East Midlands Accelerator project is the Net Zero Accelerator.
The Net Zero Accelerator will help you:
- gain green business skills;
- invest in net zero business practices; and
- access financial support to start your journey towards net zero or carbon neutrality.
Only businesses based in areas selected by Government for UK Community Renewal Fund* support are eligible to apply. In the East Midlands, these are: Derbyshire Dales; High Peak; Mansfield; Bassetlaw; Newark & Sherwood; Nottingham City; and Leicester City.
Support on offer
Net Zero Accelerator activity is being delivered by a number of partners across the East Midlands, including the University of Derby, Marketing Peak District and Derbyshire, De Montfort University, the University of Leicester and Loughborough University, Nottingham Trent University and The Food and Drink Forum.
There are a number of ways you can benefit, including taking advantage of one-to-one advice, mentoring and business diagnostics, as well as the opportunity to join training courses.
- 6-week and 12-week graduate and postgraduate placements for businesses seeking to employ a graduate for a Net Zero role. Contact De Montfort University to find out more.
- Carbon reduction short courses and Carbon literacy training - see advertised events below.
- Decarbonisation plan support (including the ability to calculate and manage your carbon footprint) via the Zellar sustainability platform
- Masterclasses and workshops with the University of Derby on subjects such as:
Decarbonising operations and premises
Electric fleet transformation
Environmental accreditation and management training
Net Zero transformation project group - facilitated peer network
Smart analytics for factories, offices and other workspaces.
- Sustainability audits (being offered by a partnership of De Montfort University, the University of Leicester and Loughborough University) Contact De Montfort University to find out more.
- SME food and drink manufacturer support from the Food and Drink Forum.
- Visitor economy business support. Request a meeting with a Marketing Peak District and Derbyshire business adviser at the Visit Peak District website.
More information on the overall programme of support from the University of Derby is also available at Net Zero – Derbyshire.
*This project is part-funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund.
Register your interest
Get involved by following the links above or by booking your place on a course below.
Part funded by: