Better Working Futures is a seven-year Welfare to Work programme commissioned by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), which started in Spring 2018.
The Chamber, working in collaboration with Reed in Partnership, aims to support people who face additional barriers into work, such as those who are disabled, in receipt of health-related benefits or are long-term unemployed.
Better Working Futures aims to bring together jobseekers, support services and employers in Nottingham, Mansfield, Ashfield and the High Peak to provide greater opportunities for those looking for work.
Better Working Futures is a fully-funded recruitment support service.
Our Better Working Futures service is aimed at matching local jobseekers with employers that are looking to recruit. We can provide excellent candidates to meet your business needs who are available to start working immediately.
Our Service Offer
- Tell us your recruitment needs
- Our recruitment managers spend time understanding your business needs and will design an inclusive and effective recruitment process tailored to your organisation.
- We help you screen, interview and train
- Our team will identify suitable candidates and ensure they have developed the skills they need for your roles.
- We can do as much or as little as you need to save time and cost and you can even use our premises for interviews.
- We can help arrange start dates, conduct background checks and other formalities required for them to start as soon as you need them.
- We will keep in touch to see how your new employees are progressing and offer ongoing training and development in addition to advice and guidance.
- Our teams are able to provide support to help employers widen their candidate pool and diversify their workforce by recruiting participants with health conditions or disabilities. This includes understanding conditions, adapting job roles and support with the Access to Work service.
Please note that the cost of everything we do is fully-funded and does not cost you a penny.
The average cost of using a recruitment agency is £4,500. We can provide this bespoke service absolutely free.
For Customers/Job Seekers
Our friendly employment advisers are experts at helping people into work.
Better Working Futures provides personal advice and guidance, skills training and health support – all to help you find the right job.
By working together, we will help you to achieve your potential.
Getting to know you
After being referred by the Jobcentre, you will meet your own personal employment Adviser where you will discuss:
- Your interests
- Your skills
- Your ambitions
- Your experience
- Your health
- Your personal circumstances
The more information your adviser has, the better support they can provide.
Making your plan
You and your adviser will plan to help you start working. You will create a personal plan that explores your best options, including self-employment opportunities, which your adviser will coordinate for you.
Managing your health and disability
We understand that some health conditions and disabilities can sometimes make it difficult to find and stay in work. Your adviser can arrange for you to speak with a health professional who can provide support with more complex conditions and provide free training courses to help you manage your health at work.
We have a full package of training courses which will help you develop the rights skills for the job you want. Your adviser will help you select the right ones for you. These courses can be taken in our offices, and some are also available online.
Applying for jobs
When you’re ready, we’ll help you start applying for jobs by helping you:
- Find the right vacancy
- Submit an application
- Prepare and practice for interviews
Dealing with issues or barriers
If you are worried about how any other personal circumstances might affect your chances of getting a job, our confidential advice service and training support can help with a range of challenging and stressful situations, including:
- Housing issues
- Caring responsibilities
- Disclosing convictions
- Financial issues
Our support does not end when you start work. We will keep in regular contact to help you settle into your new role and help with any issues that emerge, including:
Any ongoing training and development required
Helping you succeed
Please note that throughout your time on Better Working Futures we will reimburse your travel costs.
Whether you’re an employer looking to recruit or an individual looking for work – we’re here to help.
For more information, please speak to our friendly and supportive Employer Services Team on 0333 320 0333 (option 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.