Building a Diverse and Inclusive Workplace for business success
Date: Wednesday, 16 February 2022
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Available To: Members and Non Members
Trainer: Pippa Blessett
Member Price: £365.00+VAT
Non-Member Price: £525.00+VAT
This course runs over three half day sessions - 16, 23 February and 2 March 2022. It is essential that all sessions are attended.
We know intuitively that diversity and inclusivity matter, but the business case is also very clear:
- Ethnically diverse companies are 35% more likely to outperform
- Gender diverse executive teams show a 21% increase in profitability
- 47% of Millennials proactively look for a credible Diversity and Inclusivity culture when job hunting (that’s 75% of the workforce by 2025)
This course will introduce you to the essential elements of understanding diversity and its protected characteristics; and guide you through the process of building a more inclusive workplace, where belonging and employee engagement can be part of the culture.
It’s a big topic made manageable and delivered in a series of three half day webinars to ensure delegates have time to digest information and begin to integrate learnings into their own work streams before moving on.
This is a course based on combining theory with practical action, culminating in each delegate creating a bespoke diversity and inclusivity strategy to take away.
Introduction to Diversity - 16 February 2022
- Understand the business benefits of being a more diverse and inclusive employer
- Be introduced to diversity and the 9 protected characteristics
- Explore how to assess diversity within an organisation
Introduction to inclusivity - 23 February 2022
- Learn about the 3 pillars of inclusivity: equality, openness and belonging
- Understand the power of unconscious bias – to include or exclude
- Learn tools to grow a company culture which:
- Encourages the open, productive discussion of difficult topics
- Strengthens leadership and accountability
- Advocates ‘conscious inclusion’ of diverse team members
- Explore how to assess inclusion within an organisation
Building a more diverse and inclusive workplace - 2 March 2022
- Explore how to build a relevant strategy for your team or organisation
- Learn from case study examples
- Draft a bespoke diversity and inclusivity strategy highlighting key goals, actions and deliverables
You will take away a greater awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusivity and how they can affect employee engagement, productivity and wider aspects of the organisation. In addition, you will have a strategy outlined to help your company become more diverse and inclusive for the future.
Who should attend
This course is designed for managers and leaders or those interested in creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace as a way to strengthen business outcomes.
This course is being delivered online, as a series of 3 live webinars over a 3 week period. This is to fit around delegates work-demands, and to allow time to digest information and begin to integrate learnings into their own work streams as part of the learning process.
Delegate participation is required and we request that you have your camera on, if possible, to fully benefit.
A joining link will be sent to you with joining instructions a few days prior to the course start date.
About the trainer
Pippa Blessett is a performance and leadership training specialist and Founder of ExceptionalZebra.com. With over 20 years commercial experience, she works with companies of all sizes, from SMEs to corporates like Argos and Sainsbury’s. Pippa is renowned for training that delivers high-value ROI by uniting insight and information with practical action to drive behavioural change.
Submit your booking today using the form below.