Leicestershire Local Skills Improvement Plan (LSIP)
Help us to shape the future of Leicester and Leicestershire skills provision
East Midlands Chamber is leading one of eight UK LSIP pilots funded by the Department for Education with the aim to support educators, and in particular FE colleges, to align the courses they offer to local employers’ needs.
The Leicester and Leicestershire LSIP pilot puts local employers at the centre of skills provision, building stronger links with local colleges and training providers, with a strong focus on health and wellbeing.
The success of this initiative is dependent on the willingness of employers to engage and participate in the completion of data gathering and workshop activity.
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can take part?
For the purpose of this pilot we are seeking businesses in the following sectors to participate:
- Sport, physical activity and human health
To ensure that the LSIP accurately reflects the needs of employers in the region, it’s important that we hear from as many people as possible. This could include frontline staff, operations and support staff, team leaders, managers, HR departments or learning and development professionals.
What does the pilot involve?
The first phase involves data collection via a mobile app.
You will be asked to answer one to two short questions per weekday for up to four weeks, which should take no more than a couple of minutes per day.
The daily questions will relate to five key training and development themes:
- Your confidence in being able to recruit the people you need
- Your views on investment in training and skills
- The knowledge areas most important to the future of your business
- The skills that will be most important for your business
- The behaviours that you feel will be most important for your team to have.
How will this benefit me?
If you participate in the pilot you will receive:
- Exclusive early access to current data and trends in your sector
- Be integral in ensuring that future knowledge, skills and behaviour requirements are provided for within the county
- Opportunity to shape the education and skills development provision within Leicester and Leicestershire, helping to ensure that it reflects the needs of your business both now and in the future
For more information or to register to be part of this pilot email us: email@example.com