Peer Networks is a peer-to-peer networking programme for SMEs that is delivered locally by the network of Growth Hubs across England.
We create diverse cohort groups of individuals to collaboratively work through common business issues. Through interactive action learning, we enable you to discuss your own challenges, gain and reflect on valuable feedback and implement practical solutions to overcome them.
From finance and HR to sales, marketing and more, our expert facilitators give you the flexibility to create a trusted support network that works for you, helping you to build and strengthen your business and improve its overall performance.
Who's it for?
The D2N2 Growth Hub Peer Networks is designed for business leaders who want to grow and develop their organisation for future success. Dedicated Networks will be set up to bring together the following key sectors:
- Hospitality and Visitor Economy
- Creative Industries
- Life Sciences
- Food and Drink
We are also planning to set up mixed sector networks focusing on key target groups such as High Growth businesses; Women-owned businesses; BAME-owned businesses and develop action learning sets with specific focus on the following priority topics:
- Digital (including adoption and implementation of technology, cyber security)
- Leadership and Management
- Sales/ eCommerce
The programme is available to any SME business that has:
- Operated for at least one year
- At least five employees
- A turnover of at least £100,000
- An aspiration to improve
- And ideally has the potential to scale up or export or is exporting already.
Peer Networks is delivered through a series of virtual high impact group sessions, with a trained facilitator.
The programme includes:
- Interactive Action Learning
The opportunity to overcome real-life problems by enquiring and reflecting before developing tangible actions and solutions.
- Trained Facilitators
Every session is supported by a trained facilitator to ensure consistency, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Small Cohorts
Small participant groups to ensure that every member of the cohort can share their challenges, problems and opportunities.
- Flexible Topic Selection
The topics of discussion are decided by the participants, enabling you to focus on your own challenges while taking learnings from other group members.
- One to One Support
In addition to the group session, you will have access to one to one support matched to your specific needs, building on your learning experience.
Businesses that seek external advice or undertake formal training are more likely to improve their overall performance, but many prefer to take advice from trusted sources, such as their peers, when presented with external challenges and opportunities.
Peer Networks enables you to make connections that go far beyond networking.
By completing Peer Networks, you will:
- Overcome business challenges and recognise and act on new opportunities
- Build a trusted network of connections to support you now and in the future
- Improve your long-term personal and business performance
- Achieve higher turnover, employment levels and productivity growth – as research indicates for businesses adopting formal management practices
- Use the Peer Network to help overcome challenges or implement change in your business
What commitment do you require from me?
Peer Networks are fully funded so there is no cost involved for you, the business.
A time commitment will be required to attend the sessions which will be approximately eighteen hours across the entire duration of the programme which is set to run for around three months.