Start Up to Scale Up Accelerator
One of the five strands of the East Midlands Accelerator project is the Start Up to Scale Up Accelerator.
The Start Up to Scale Up Accelerator will help start-up and scaling businesses to:
- improve their products and services, and approach to innovation;
- develop their leaders and workforce, and maintain their wellbeing and productivity; and
- grow their business by improving their digital, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Only businesses based in areas selected by Government for UK Community Renewal Fund* support are eligible to apply. In the East Midlands, these are: Derbyshire Dales; High Peak; Mansfield; Bassetlaw; Newark & Sherwood; Nottingham City; and Leicester City.
Support on offer
Start Up to Scale Up activity is being delivered by a number of partners across the East Midlands, including East Midlands Chamber, the University of Derby, Marketing Peak District and Derbyshire, De Montfort University, the University of Leicester and Loughborough University, The Food and Drink Forum and Trading Standards Nottinghamshire.
There are a number of ways you can benefit, including taking advantage of one-to-one advice, mentoring and business diagnostics, as well as the opportunity to join training courses.
- 6-week and 12-week graduate and postgraduate placements for businesses seeking to employ a graduate for a Digital role. Contact De Montfort University to find out more.
- B-Global support to Black, Asian and other minority ethnic owned businesses including Peer Networks and Community Thinkshops and training courses (City of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire businesses only).
- East Midlands Manufacturing Network – a peer-led network established for manufacturing businesses across the East Midlands.
- Help to Grow management and leadership training – a total of 100 businesses are being offered fully-subsidised places.
- Leicester Start-Up CIC 10x10 Scale-Up Accelerator for high growth, innovation-base start-ups (programme commenced in March 2022, City of Leicester businesses only).
- Masterclasses and workshops with the University of Derby on subjects such as:
- Planning for Growth
- Developing a business case for funding and investment
- Understanding Data
- Developing a Marketing Plan for Growth
- And for businesses across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire:
- Online business health checks offering practical guidance on how to recover and improve business performance during the current economic climate.
- SME food and drink manufacturer support from the Food and Drink Forum.
- Support from Trading Standards Nottinghamshire on compliance and legislation (giving you the assurance you need that your products or services are correctly labelled, marketed, and meet any necessary standards). Register your interest in a diagnostic meeting (Bassetlaw, Newark & Sherwood, and Nottingham City businesses only).
- Visitor economy business support in areas such as expanding your online presence and digital marketing activity. Request a meeting with a Marketing Peak District and Derbyshire business adviser or find out about upcoming events and workshops at the Visit Peak District website. (Derbyshire Dales and High Peak businesses only.)
*This project is part-funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund.
Register your interest
Get involved by following the links above.
Part funded by: