Female talent from across the East Midlands business community has been showcased through East Midlands Chamber’s Enterprising Women Awards.
Finalists across 10 categories were announced for the 2023 awards, in association with headline sponsor Michael Smith Switchgear, at a summer networking and barbecue event, held at Stapleford Park Hotel and Spa on 8 June.
They will go on to take part in a judging panel on 11 July, comprising members of the Enterprising Women team, Chamber board of directors and category sponsors to get their chance to pitch before winners are decided.
Winners will be announced at Enterprising Women’s flagship gala dinner, which will take place on 6 October at Winstanley House, in Leicester.
Longstanding categories are up for grabs, such as Small Business of the Year, Female Employee of the Year, Apprentice of the Year, and the headline award Business Woman of the Year, as well as the refreshed She Who Innovates Award for those working in STEM-related industries.
Categories introduced last year to mark the network’s 25th anniversary will also return to the programme, including the Rising Star Award and Lifetime Achievement Award – which doesn’t have a shortlist and will instead be given as a surprise to an unsuspecting winner.
Enterprising Women co-chair Jean Mountain said: “We’ve received another cohort of outstanding applications from women working across the region, and the shortlist features some truly inspiring achievements and stories.
“It’s fantastic to see women in business across a wide range of sectors and backgrounds recognised through the programme, as well as those across different parts of their career journey – from those just starting out in apprenticeship roles to highly successful business leaders representing everything that is great about our region.”
Fellow co-chair Eileen Perry MBE DL added: “Shortlisting the finalists has been a massive challenge for our category sponsors from the high calibre of entries, and we’re really looking forward to the judging panel to hear more about their work.
“Women in business across the East Midlands are doing fantastic and inspiring work, and we are delighted to be able to recognise their achievements through the Enterprising Women Awards each year.”
The Enterprising Women Awards 2023, which will be hosted by ITV weather presenter Emma Jesson, features a three-course meal as well as entertainment throughout the evening.
Individual tickets are priced at £75 + VAT for members of East Midlands Chamber and £90 + VAT for non-members. Tickets at a charitable rate will be available for eligible organisations at £60 + VAT. A discount will be applied to bookings of tables of 10 at £700 + VAT. Tickets can be purchased via https://bit.ly/EWAwards2023.
Enterprising Women Awards 2023 shortlist
Apprentice of the Year (Sponsored by Futures Housing Group)
- Alice Lees – Rolls-Royce
- Courtney Brindley – Express Recruitment
- Florence Comasky – EMA Training
- Lucy Coope – trentbarton
- Lucy Hilton – Cosy Direct
- Sophie Shapcott – Smith Partnership
Social Commitment Award (Sponsored by She Inspires Global)
- Cosy Direct
- Guildford Europe
- Rosie May Foundation
- Rotheras Solicitors
Female Employee of the Year (Sponsored by Nelsons)
- Asiya Parekh – Leicester Hospitals Charity
- Brogan Lees-Collier – Forsyth Barnes
- Cherryl Holland – trentbarton
- Emily Brailsford – Rural Action Derbyshire
- Sarah Budgie – Regency Source
Rising Star (Sponsored by Amanda Daly – The Turnaround CEO)
- Chloe Heard – MHA MacIntyre Hudson LLP
- Coral Guard – GBS Apprenticeships
- Katie McLoughlin – Soft Touch Arts
- Ruby Birks – Purpose Media
- Scarlett Tinsley – ER Recruitment
Female Entrepreneur of the Year (Sponsored by Fraser Stretton Property Group)
- Julie Adams – Auditel
- Julie Clark – Savage Lighting
- Sally Faulkner – Bond Street Distillery
- Sarah Withers – Withers Gin
- Therese Lord – Construct3D
Team of the Year (Sponsored by Breedon Consulting)
- Flame UK
- Generation Next ambassadors
- PPL PRS collections team
- PPL PRS marketing team
- Rotheras Solicitors
She Who Innovates (Sponsored by Pick Everard)
- ChangeXtra – Claire Mann
- Construct3D – Therese Lord, Jacob Lord, Jason Lord
- e-bate – Leanne Bonner-Cook and team
- Purpose Media – Ruby Birks
- RimPro-Tec Wheelbands – Deborah Chester
Small Business of the Year (Sponsored by Unique Window Systems)
- Blueprint Interiors
- CMP Legal
- Design Studio Architects
- S&D Roofing
Business Woman of the Year (Sponsored by Michael Smith Switchgear)
- Becky Valentine and Victoria Green – Spenbeck
- Dawn Brown – Rose Cottage Doggy Daycare
- Emma Allen – Acute Business Advisory
- Jaz Kaur – Fraser Stretton Property Group
- Sandy Prime – S&D Roofing
Lifetime Achievement of the Year (Sponsored by Paradigm Wills & Legal Services)
*No finalists for this category – winner will be announced at gala dinner