D2N2 Growth Hub
The D2N2 Growth Hub aims to power up your business by facilitating the market for business services in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
The overarching aim of the D2N2 Growth Hub is to improve the ability of businesses in the D2N2 area to value and engage appropriately with business service providers (be they public or private), and to help business service providers to improve their offer.
Government studies have pointed to the impact that poor use and management of business services has on the economy, as those who use services well are more likely to survive, compete, and grow.
A great host of services are on offer from the public, private and third sector, but businesses may struggle to find their way in this market and make it work for them. In summary, many businesses don’t know what they don’t know, and don’t recognise or, more importantly, value the opportunities and services on offer.
D2N2 Growth Hub works with many partners in the public and private sector to provide the following:
- Create awareness of the benefits of taking up the business services available
- Help businesses understand what services they should be using, and why
- Help business leaders to make informed choices about the service providers they engage with
- Encourage more businesses to work with business service providers and to keep on working with them as they address evolving challenges and opportunities
- Help service providers to understand what customers need and to shape their offer to better match the evolving needs of businesses
- Work with the public, private and third sectors to find ways of appropriately filling the gaps in relation to skills
- Ensure the D2N2 Growth Hub, facilitated by the Chamber, is recognised as the place to go for information and advice about the business services market in the D2N2 area.
Growth Hubs build on existing organisational structures where possible and focus on three main areas of activity:
- Increase the uptake of national and local schemes: facilitate a 'single conversation' with local businesses, raising awareness and uptake of both public and private sector support by improving coordination, marketing and signposting. Develop links to local access to finance support measures, such as investment readiness, local business angels and networks.
- Enhance and expand the provision of national schemes locally (e.g. Department for International Trade).
- Provide tailored business support to businesses - the right type of support at the right time.
To understand how the D2N2 Growth Hub can power up your business, please call 0333 006 9178, email email@example.com or visit www.d2n2growthhub.co.uk.