Are you a high growth business looking to invest in new technologies to propel your business? Is your business facing barriers to growth due to a lack of understanding of new technologies?
If so then the Digital UpScaler project is perfect for you.
Delivered by the East Midlands Chamber, this exclusive project is designed to provide your business with the knowledge, investment and capacity to scale-up by embracing new technologies. The project is available to a limited number of ambitious scaling businesses and provides a programme of specialist digital support through business advisers, events, consultancy, grants and a technology forum.
The project is available exclusively to SMEs based in Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire that have experienced barriers to growth because of a lack of understanding of digital technologies, as well as those who already embrace digital and want to do more.
Your business must also meet the following criteria:
- Scale-up businesses - at least ten people at the outset, turnover exceeding £1m-15m and annual growth of 20%+ in turnover or employment for the past three years.
- Potential scale-up businesses - at least ten people, a turnover of £1m-15m and that have achieved some of the scale-up criteria, such as annual growth of 10%+ for the past three years or 20%+ for the past two years
- Ambitious businesses – those that can demonstrate a potential to scale along with some scale-up characteristics, and meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Has a turnover of more than £1m
- Employs 10 or more FTE staff
- Can show a minimum of 10% year on year growth over each of the last 2 full accounting years
- Has a projected growth plan for their business that will take them into at least one of these categories within 2 years
*Ambitious businesses are subject to grant body discretion
Account management and brokerage – ongoing and dedicated adviser support to help with the implementation of your scale-up plans
Capital technology grants – a grant programme to part-fund the adoption of new industrial digital technologies for the first time, or address business productivity challenges.
Diagnostic and consultancy support – fully-funded support delivered by an Independent Digital Technology Adviser who will help your business define and scope the technology project prior to procuring the solution.
Strategic leaders digital programme – invitation-only practical workshops covering a wide variety of topics designed to share relevant insights and discuss the implications in a business context that can be practically applied to your business.
Technology forum – your business will be provided with exclusive access to our Technology Forum. The forum will provide a platform to showcase and demonstrate the latest advanced technology solutions and will facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the sharing of best practice.
A digital advantage
Are you using digital technologies or are open to exploring how they can benefit your business?
A strong vision
Are your people involved in and can they understand how they contribute towards the success and future of the business? Can they see personal development potential?
A solid team
Does your management team share a desire for growth? Do they embrace challenges and empower teams to provide solutions and innovation? Are they aware of their team's capabilities and seek external support where needed?
A documented approach to process
Can your business demonstrate consistent delivery of product and project?
Investment in growth
Does your business have the reserves and appetite to invest in growth? Do you invest in both technology and people?
- Not being sure where to obtain independent advice.
- Lack of expertise and skills to select the appropriate digital solution to implement into the business.
- Being unable to invest financially in the strategic planning required for successful digital solutions.
- Digital technologies developing at a fast pace combined with a lack of resources to keep up to date
Through a diagnostic review, our Digital UpScaler advisers can identify and tackle these barriers helping you take the necessary steps to grow your business.
There is no cost involved to your business, however, we do ask for the following time commitments:
- 1-2 hours for the diagnostic review (required)
- Optional on-going support meetings with your Digital UpScaler adviser
- Up to two days per month to attend strategic leaders workshops
- Time to participate in the technology forum
- Time to dedicate to consultancy support
- Apply : complete the questionnaire below or contact us.
- Check: we assess your eligibility
- Review : we undertake a diagnostic review of your business
- Plan: we produce an action plan which outlines actions and support suitable to facilitate growth within your business
To find out if your business can take advantage of the Digital UpScaler Project please complete and return our questionnaire or contact us for a no-obligation discovery call:
T: 0330 053 8639