The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the biggest change to the protection of personal data since the Directive in 1995.
We are undoubtedly at a turning point for data protection and things are only going to become tighter with both a new data protection act and PECR updates due in the next 18 months. The audit is designed specifically for organisations that want a snapshot of where they are in terms of compliance with real life practical advice on what gaps they have and how to fix them. During the audit we will look at your organisation in terms of….
An audit starts with a business/office walk to see if there are any obvious gaps in your current data protection procedures.
We will then undertake the following…
- Review of data processing in relation to the 6 Principles
- Review of privacy notices
- How to decide if you need a DPO.
- Appointing and structure for data controller within your organisation
- Dealing with DSARs and how you can minimise the risk
- Review of applicable policies (e.g. Data Protection and Retention / Destruction)
- Review of your processes in relation to the 8 rights of data subjects
- Review of relationships with data processors and how to Audit them
- Staff training and awareness review
- Incident Response & Breach reporting Analysis and procedure
- From an IT perspective we will then look at….
- User account and password management
- Password policies
- Firewall protection
- Public network security
- Confirm the process for updating devices
- Remote access protection
- Remote connection
- Backup strategy
- Device backup
Optional extra (no cost)
Our trainer will conduct a 1 hour training session for all staff telling them the basics of GDPR and how to recognise a DSAR which they may encounter.
For the delivery of the above audit at your place of work and the production of a simple one page report outlining the steps you need to take for compliance the costs would be...
Member rate - £995.00 + VAT
Non Member rate - £1295.00 + VAT
If this is something you would be interested in undertaking, please contact Vicki Thompson - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0333 320 0333 ext 2153.