Increase footfall to your business with the help of
Chesterfield Digital High Street
Attract new customers - in-person and online.
Purchasing habits have changed as a result of Covid-19, with fewer in-store visitors and a move towards online transactions. The shift to online is expected to be long-term; so how can you make sure the trend presents an opportunity, and not a threat, to your business?
Help is at hand from Chesterfield Digital High Street.
The project is funded by Chesterfield Borough Council, and delivered in partnership with East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire). It is designed to help your business implement modern forms of online trading that complement, rather than replace, your high street presence.
Support is available to 120 eligible retail, hospitality, and leisure businesses across the town, with 50 of those businesses being offered a fully search engine optimised e-commerce website.
If your business is located on a high street in the borough of Chesterfield, you may be entitled to the following fully-funded support:
- Dedicated Digital High Street Business Adviser support:
- An adviser with specific e-commerce and online skills to work alongside you and help develop or increase your digital presence.
- A review of your current marketing and social media activities, and support on
- Social media support such as setting up a Google listing and, where needed, signing up to your first social media account.
- Creation of a fully search engine optimised e-commerce website (worth £2,200)
- 12 months of web hosting (provided by Chamber partner, Purpose Media).
- Equipped with the latest forms of payment (e.g. Apple Pay and Google Pay) and concepts (e.g. Click and Collect)
- One year’s membership of East Midlands Chamber, including business protection services in HR, Health and Safety, Tax and Legal issues, as well as discounts on Member products and services.
- Regular events and webinars to increase your digital know-how.
Benefits to your business
The Chesterfield Digital High Street project offers the following benefits to your business:
- Increase in profile and an online shop window – attracting local residents, as well as visitors researching their trip online.
- Increased footfall to your door and to your website.
- Improved competitiveness by offering your customers a 24/7 shopping experience, with an offer of click and collect or other delivery options.
- Collaborate with and support like-minded local businesses.
To qualify for support, business owners must meet the following criteria:
- Run independent businesses based in the borough of Chesterfield. Check whether your location qualifies by entering your postcode here.
- Lease and pay rent on a bricks and mortar presence in a high street location.
- Offer the option for customers to walk in without prior appointment and purchase.
Find out more
For an informal chat about the project, please contact us on 0330 053 8639 or email@example.com.
Alternatively, to submit your application, please complete the form below: